When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review Tag Heuer Link Chronograph

Rolexman

I recently purchased this new Tag from Silixprime and I know there ain't much Tag fans on this forum so I'm not going to put much effort in this post

I love it's design and overal looks. It's sporty yet classy and not too big (42 mm) but big enough to get noticed.

I had some problems with the movement the first couple of days but I guess that was because it was new and needed some running in. At this present moment the second hand is running smooth and the chronograph works perfect. It keeps good time (- 3 secs/day)

THE OVERAL QUALITY IS THE BEST I'VE EVER SEEN!! I also own the SMP rep (which is considered the best quality rep available at the moment ) but this TAG is 2 times better. The stainless steel... the engravings... the feel.. the bracelet.... ALL PERFECT. I would rate this watch 99,999% accurate. The only thing that's off is the date font but that doesn't bother me (easy fix). .... and off course the movement. So far so good but we'll see?

The serials are perfectly engraved but that doesn't show on the pic. In real life this watch is a 100 times more beautifull!

7008-5505.jpg

7008-5506.jpg

7008-5507.jpg

7008-5508.jpg

7008-5509.jpg

7008-5510.jpg

7008-5511.jpg

7008-5512.jpg

7008-5513.jpg

7008-5514.jpg

7008-5515.jpg

Edited by TwoTone

I like this watch!!! Really great they made another TAG chronograph with 7750 mvt :D

Saving the money to buy one...

I think i read a post about another TAG chrono modell as well... i thought it was the 2000 series chrono... anyone else seen that? Can't find the post anymore...

Not bad, not bad, although that datefont is a little dodgy :blink:

Thanks for posting and don't apologise...plenty of Tag fans here, me included...genuines anyway :p sadly not many decent reps exist. I have yet to see a Tag rep that tempts me - but I have a gen Monza and 4000 series, both of which I love. Not sure about the Link series, much prefer the Aquaracer and patiently looking forward to seeing the Calibre S variant which was supposed to be released last month but has now been delayed for at least another year :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Stupid question here but how do I resize the strap on this watch? The pins seem sealed in the strap, like on the pictures above? Looks like the links are in two seperate pieces but can't seem to seperate them and don't want to force it to much

How thick is this watch? Does the date wheel have the correct font???

Genuine should be around 13-14 mm

No, the wheel font isn't correct but in my opinion is a minor flaw and it wouldn't bother me too much.

Edited by ryaku

I really like the Chronograph. How correct it the face - I was trying to check it out on the website. The version on the website does not have teh "AUTOMATIC" below the logo. Or - is that a different version. That date wheel is a little too off. How easy is it to change that? I see dates wheels - on ebay for instance - but who knows if those will fit on this movement..... Can't buy it till that gets fixed.

The 'automatic' is a different version and is on the Tag site:

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/lin...=CJF2111.BA0576

If you can't live with the small difference in date font you could send it to The Zigmeister to change the date wheel or just buy an USD 3000,- genuine!

Edited by Rolexman

I really like the Chronograph. How correct it the face - I was trying to check it out on the website. The version on the website does not have teh "AUTOMATIC" below the logo. Or - is that a different version. That date wheel is a little too off. How easy is it to change that? I see dates wheels - on ebay for instance - but who knows if those will fit on this movement..... Can't buy it till that gets fixed.

You're right but in the official Tag Heuer catalogue there's the "automatic" writing.

Minor flaws seem to be:

- data font

- tachimeter numbers dimension

- crown a little bit thicker than genuine one

Anyway it's a very good replica.

King's selling at a great price: 235$ shipped.

I forgot...if you contact King please tell her i advised you to buy it from her.

I'm not in business with her, i jush wish to make me forgiven for the many questions i always ask her. :whistling:

Edited by ryaku

• 10 months later...

Just noticed the post....same thing....(to my eye) I just got from Andrew...amazing reproduction...and it works...what's not to like. Am actually wearing it in preference to a gen Movado (I know..not in the same class...)

Nice!