When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PloProf diver's watch

Deepseadweller

Should have done a search for "ploprof" before posting this ... there seem to be plenty of posts on the subject already. Sorry for posting a faq from a noob.

DSD

Hey DSD, since you know about plenty of post already, maybe you could do

something positive here and maybe help this guy out with a link. :)

Thanks..

MM

• 1 month later...

Just noticed that link. I think (and I'm crossing my fingers) that we will see a rep soon. As OCEAN7 is offering that model it is not required for our asian friends to make a new case. It is just a question of the dial and the case back (for a vinatge model, for the new released they should work on the bezel locker).

Ocean7's Ploprof Hommage is quite far off the real deal... A dial and a caseback is not enough to make it look right.

As a purist and long time Omega collector I fully agree. What I meant is that our asian friends do not have to reinvent the wheel. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they will take something like the OCEAN7 case some day put an Omega dial in and offer it in that way: Made with A Genuine watch as Ref. Completely tripped down for this replication exercise...Parts completely interchangeable with Genuine Watch :D

Do you guys think there is any chance that this may get replicated by any of the factories ?

Already in progress I'm told, so put some cash aside for the end of the year ;)

The gen - in all three gorgeous variants (original sharkproof bracelet, new black or orange rubber deployant) - is sitting in my local AD's window. Tried all three on my wrist, and for me there's no question....black rubber every time, the new style clasp alone is worth every penny. This watch is a beast, and as gorgeously clunky, ungainly and yes, ugly watch as the PAM 187. And that's before you add in the heritage of the Cousteau connection, which the PAM will never be able to emulate.

Already in progress I'm told, so put some cash aside for the end of the year ;)

The gen - in all three gorgeous variants (original sharkproof bracelet, new black or orange rubber deployant) - is sitting in my local AD's window. Tried all three on my wrist, and for me there's no question....black rubber every time, the new style clasp alone is worth every penny. This watch is a beast, and as gorgeously clunky, ungainly and yes, ugly watch as the PAM 187. And that's before you add in the heritage of the Cousteau connection, which the PAM will never be able to emulate.

I'm SOOO hoping that to be true, and that they don't make a complete mock of it. :Jumpy:

But thats not too hard to copy....no need for real sapphire though.

The factory/maker bought a gen PlopProf some months ago and is in the process of doing all the parts.

I want this watch sooo badly....reminds me of my starting days in watch-collecting over 20 years ago.

WHEN WHEN WHEN????

Theo

The factory/maker bought a gen PlopProf some months ago and is in the process of doing all the parts.

Sorry but that's not strictly true.

"Some months" ago? Try a few WEEKS ago at best. Watch only went on sale August 12 here in Europe (I got invite to Omega Boutique event), and the following week in Asia (exclusive to Hour Glass).

End of year is still the ETA for this project I believe, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it slip into 2010. As long as it's before CNY, I wouldn't mind personally.

@DOC....I was a bit over-reacting cause I am so excited that this watch will be released in the future....weeks or months...who cares when it comes to a schedule of a rep-factory :whistling:

I asked dealers for certain watches and only got the answer "...will be released in 2 months, ....will be out end of this year,...will be for sale in the next weeks" and that meant exactly NOTHING, some of them popped-up on the dealers site next day, some never made it....so you´ll never know.

And that happend many times before (just 10 days ago I asked for the HBB King Power in PVD...."will be out not before October"....ping, there it was for sale only 5 days later (allthough pulled off again 5 hours later :pardon: ).

So lets cross fingers.....if this year or next year.....my only wish is DO IT RIGHT FIRST TIME! :clapping:

Cheers all,

Theo

Theo, I know too well the overexcitement that comes with hearing a certain model is going into production, but I've become cynical enough by now to just relax and take the 'I'll believe it when I see it" approach. Although since helping in the development of certain projects on occasion (and seen fantastic results) I've perhaps been a little less sceptical about what can be achieved.

Still with timelines, they do often run and run. Always late, never early, and it's best we all work on that assumption. Saves disappointment which is why I think it's good to manage people's expectations. But I definitely go along with the 'better late than never' approach.

The Ploppy is one of two 'grail' watches that hopefully will be a gift from Santa this year, and for both of them (nope not saying) I'm fairly comfortable (but still praying) that they will get them right first time, none of this V1, V2....V6 Ultimate nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry but that's not strictly true.

"Some months" ago? Try a few WEEKS ago at best. Watch only went on sale August 12 here in Europe (I got invite to Omega Boutique event), and the following week in Asia (exclusive to Hour Glass).

End of year is still the ETA for this project I believe, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it slip into 2010. As long as it's before CNY, I wouldn't mind personally.

It's not exclusive to The Hourglass here... Watches of Switzerland (Brisbane) have it as well. Whether it's for sale or not I don't know, but they've had one on display in their window since July. It was launched at a WOS Mastercard event I was invited to.