When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

someone in St. Louis, MO got my IWC 3717 by mistake.....

Justasgood

Perhaps the tracking #'s got mixes up with another buyer of paneraifreaks watches.

Has anyone gotten a package on the 11th from paneraifreak but the tracking # he sent you was wrong?

Tracking number from paneraifreak in Canada representing the IWC 3717 he sent me, shows the the item was delivered yesterday in St. Louis, I live in TN.

Did anyone here get an unexpected surprise in the mail yesterday?

Correction, it was the 11th:

Label/Receipt Number: CX25 5626 466C A

Class: Priority Mail International Parcels

Service(s): International Parcels

Your item was delivered at 9:30 AM on July 11, 2009 in SAINT LOUIS, MO 63135.

Thanks in advance,

Kurt

Thanks for the offer.....but I am confused as to what I should do.

Paneraifreak offered me his 3717 in trade for my Rolex Two-Tone sub. He sent me the above tracking # and I sent him my watch.

Now, it seems that another member bought the same watch offered to me and is now seeking dial recommendations(no fault of his in this odd scheme).

I am just curious about what was sent (via the tracking # given to me) to the person in St. Louis, MO.

I guess I am out 1 nice sub for being a trusting member.......I guess there is always a first time for everything...........this is the first time I have been scammed.

Lucky for all, it won't change who I am or how I treat people.

Thanks again for your offer,

Kurt.

That is very strange, I'm that someone who got the 3717.

I figured that and then you mentioned it in your Dial post.....again, no fault of your's and congrats on a great watch.

I am trying to figure out what paneraifreak was thinking and why send me a bogus tracking #.

Well, I hope he enjoys the Sub I sent him B)

This is not good. I know the sinking feeling you get when a tracking number

for an item you've been anxiously awaiting suddenly indicates the item has

been delivered, and it's not to you.

Really a bad feeling, and I hope you get your rep back from paneraifreak.

GL

Guest HaloArchive

I say talk to JohnD. and figure out something with him to get the watch. If he is a good guy, he will give it up not unless P.F. was actually scamming. O.o

He dosnt seem like a scamming type of guy though.

You know, a simple "my bad" or, "I got things mixed up" or "It was the Vodka" would have gone a long way with me. If you know me, I am about as easy to get along with as they come.

But to log on this morning, and having no less than 3 PM's from regarding this situation and not responding.......well that really begins to bother me.

Stay tuned as I have no idea how this will all turn out. :angry:

BTW, I had at least 2 or 3 people that wanted to buy the Sub.........I am sure they are disappointed as well to hear that it was stolen.

Guest paneraifreak

I am very sorry about this.

Upon the Moderator,s request, I did PM Kurt this message:

<<Kurt,

i am sorry for this screw up on my part.

I am not home. I am still in Montreal and from what I was able to do on my laptop, you are right, there was a mix up in the addresses and I feel real stupid about this. Since it will take a little while for me to fix this and get the 3717 back, I would like to pay you the full $175 you were asking for it and leave it at that for now. This situation is for me to endure, not you. Let me know your Paypal and I will pay you for the Sub.

Chris >>

I screwed up during a week that I had sold three watches and a couple more watch related items on Ebay and things got mixed up.

I am more than willing to pay the $240 Kurt feels is owed to him, not the $175 he wanted for the Sub.

Kurt, lets PM to each other and I will try to sort out this mess as best as can.

You know, a simple "my bad" or, "I got things mixed up" or "It was the Vodka" would have gone a long way with me. If you know me, I am about as easy to get along with as they come.

But to log on this morning, and having no less than 3 PM's from regarding this situation and not responding.......well that really begins to bother me.

Stay tuned as I have no idea how this will all turn out. :angry:

BTW, I had at least 2 or 3 people that wanted to buy the Sub.........I am sure they are disappointed as well to hear that it was stolen.

I am very sorry about this.

Upon the Moderator,s request, I did PM Kurt this message:

<<Kurt,

i am sorry for this screw up on my part.

I am not home. I am still in Montreal and from what I was able to do on my laptop, you are right, there was a mix up in the addresses and I feel real stupid about this. Since it will take a little while for me to fix this and get the 3717 back, I would like to pay you the full $175 you were asking for it and leave it at that for now. This situation is for me to endure, not you. Let me know your Paypal and I will pay you for the Sub.

Chris >>

I screwed up during a week that I had sold three watches and a couple more watch related items on Ebay and things got mixed up.

I am more than willing to pay the $240 Kurt feels is owed to him, not the $175 he wanted for the Sub.

Kurt, lets PM to each other and I will try to sort out this mess as best as can.

Chris,

thanks for reaching out in regards to this matter. I knew you would be in Montreal and I understand the lag in communication.

I appreciate your offer but first thigs first:

Please confirm that the Sub made it to your place safe and in good working order(I believe you mentioned your wife could take delivery)

If it has, then I will give you my paypal info and you can cover the ask price of $175.00 plus PP fee.

While I appreciate the value of the 3717 ($240) you offered, I would rather understand how you offered it in trade to me, then sold it for $240 to JohnDorian.

Thanks,

Kurt.

Guest paneraifreak
always get your money first and ask questions later.

No necessary.

i never run from an unhappy buyer since it is my screw up, I am a man who finds life to short to get illed over things that can be either fixed or at least improved.

I am deeply sorry that I cause Kurt this much grief and hope he can find it to forgive me.

From the call I made to my wife today, the watch arrived late on Wednesday so it is safely arrived.

I will need your Paypal info to pay you and I still would offer you the $240 if you should decide so. Let me know via PM.

I am still in Montreal for another week. My dad is just not doing well enough to make it.

Anyways, I had plainly forgot to tell my wife to cancel the sale with John and things went wrong from that point. i have no one else but myself to blame.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest paneraifreak

PM sent to resolve this issue.

As of a week and a half ago, my father passed to be with my mother.

He was 69

I am glad I could resolve the major screw up(all my fault) with Justasgood (paid for the watch he sent me) and hope people will forgive me.

Thank you

Don't think you can get overly heated at PF in this, we all make mistakes and given the circumstances he was under, it's kinda understandable!!

Of course I wasn't the guy out of pocket and out a watch thought to be on its way to him, but I have to say I'm really pleased that for once there has been no high drama and childish name calling through out!! PF and Kurt obviously came to an agreement between themselves, not on the board as so many members in the past have done!! PF manned up and took all responsibility, shows good character in my book and Kurt was gentlemanly enough to deal with it in a calm and grown manner. Well done to both I say!! Not for the mess up obviously, but for both being gentlemanly through out!! Thats what this forum is about, close knit, friendly community who, if things go aray, as they can do in this hobby, deal with eachother in a grownup manner and deal with each other off the board while explaining the wrong doing on the board!! Again, both of you, well done!

Just my