When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Precious Time's Smp

madmex

For the longest time, I've wanted an SMP. I've owned a few gen Omegas (Speedmasters), but never a SMP. It just seemed to big on my wrist when I pulled the trigger. At a fraction of the cost I now have this beauty. Thanks to PT for being so patient with me (I had a lot of requirements on this watch).

103801-25628.jpg

Only difference that stands out to me is the "counter part" of the seconds hand is not long enough, and of course the screws instead of pins.

103801-25629.jpg

The end links are excellent. You would think that screws would be easier to remove than the pins, but not in my specimen. The screws are a little soft, and they were forced in, bonding with the middle links of the attaching link rather than with their own link.

103801-25630.jpg

I keep reading on here that the quality of the SMP is not as high as it once was, and I can say that other than the bracelet, I don't think there is any lower quality on this one. I'd be surprised if there was a higher quality rep of this specimen.

103801-25631.jpg

Thanks PT!

Beatiful watch ! ETA movement or Asian ?

Now if only the Rep factories would get the Pearl right !!

Thanks it should be the ubiquitous 2824 by ETA. It could be a SeaGull but I haven't opened it.

The font is correct for an ETA and the beat is 28800 bph or 4 Hz, which is 1:1 to the original iterations based on the 2892-A2 ( OMEGA Cals. 1108 1109 and 1120).

It's a beauty. Nice pics, too!

However, isn't it 8Hz, not 4? :blink:

Thanks! ETA says it's 4Hz. While it beats 8 times per second (28,800 b/h), those are half cycles (balance wheel in one direction causes a beat, then it comes back the other way and causes another one--completing one cycle).