When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dealing on the side

sur3wyn

Dear RWGers,

I've been a freeloading member learning about watches and the reps for awhile now. I'm noob, and i'm all for learning more about this hobby - i really have to thank the founders and its enthusiasts for the great information i've learnt and continue learning.

Anyhow, I've manage to find a very good source of good quality reps for reasonable prices (not online) - thus I would like to share my finds and make some money on the side. I do have a full time job and i do enjoy this hobby very much - unfortunately my salary does not cut it to enjoy this hobby even more.

Honestly because I have a full time job and i'm considering to earn some on the side, i will not be as responsive as full time dealers - but i will make sure the quality is good and delivery is as quick as can be. So I would really like YOUR opinions if this would work out with YOU.

I will only deal with and through RWG, ONLY. I also not be liable for any custom issues, as I truly do not know any rules/regulations in rep watch trading.

I am also trying to find out how I can withdraw cash from Paypal and the costs of courier (of course I would need a destination).

I am currently wearing a Rolex GMT Master II for about 2months now and it has been working very well - I even took it for a swim (2x) and its been working fine. Sapphire Glass, Ceremic Bezel (24 Clicks), WHS Asian Movement, Screw-in Crown, Rolex Logo Sandblasted into Glass @ 6, 2.5x Date Magnify, and has the CORRECT 'R' @ 9.

Please let me know what you would pay for this (new and shipped) so I can see if the price covers all costs and expenses.

Pics in following posts: currently uploading

*I also have a PAM 10Days with WORKING HORIZONTAL POWER RESERVE - I'll post up pics tomorrow.

- To Admin/Mods: Truely sorry if i posted in wrong section, if you were be so kind to direct me to the right sub-cat. Thanks -

@sur3wyn I'm sorry there are far too many negatives here, you basically admit to know nothing about the trade at all.

I point this out because you need to pass Admin team scrutiny before you will be allowed to sell on this board and with what you have put forward here I would have to say it would be a waste of time submitting an application.

I should also point out that it is an illegal trade so if you want to sell, especially from the US you better have a lot of things in place to make sure the authorities don't find you.

Ken

Being a dealer... Is probably not worth the hassle. Once you get into it, and have to deal with returns, replacements, customs, issues with sourcing replacement parts, grumpy customers, johnny law and the postal inspector knocking on your door etc. etc. your perspective may change :)

Probably sounds better in theory than the reality of it all...

@sur3wyn I'm sorry there are far too many negatives here, you basically admit to know nothing about the trade at all.

I point this out because you need to pass Admin team scrutiny before you will be allowed to sell on this board and with what you have put forward here I would have to say it would be a waste of time submitting an application.

I should also point out that it is an illegal trade so if you want to sell, especially from the US you better have a lot of things in place to make sure the authorities don't find you.

Ken

Dear Ken,

Thanks for your opinion.

Tis true i know nothing about the trade and tis why i'm learning @ RWG :bounce:

Maybe i have made some unclear points:

1)I do not wish to be a dealer of watches, because I am not a dealer.

2)Think of it like i'm selling a 2nd owned watch that has not been worn (thus Brand New).

3)I have watches that are not made possible by the respectable dealers. (eg. Rolex engraving 'R' @ 9 and Rolex Logo Sandblasted @ 6 OR PAM 8Day or 10Day Working Horizontal Power Reserve)

4)I'm not in US of A and refer to #2 - I'm just selling my "unused brand new personal collections" and i'm not trying to sell it off as an original - so I don't see any illegal issues.

5)Like I said. I'm New. I'm Here. I'm Learning.

Cheers.

I'm sorry if you want to sell a watch this is the wrong forum, you will need to upgrade your account and sell it in the trade section.

Also it hardly matters how you look at it, if you intend to buy from a source to resell here that is regarded as dealing and to get a position on our board you need to make a submission to our team.

Any attempt at back door dealing will see your account banned.

Ken

Being a dealer... Is probably not worth the hassle. Once you get into it, and have to deal with returns, replacements, customs, issues with sourcing replacement parts, grumpy customers, johnny law and the postal inspector knocking on your door etc. etc. your perspective may change :)

Probably sounds better in theory than the reality of it all...

Dear ubiquitous,

Thanks for your opinion.

And I totally agree with you, also considering grumpy customers closing/locking/banning up my Paypal account.

And this is why I wish to sell with reputable buyers on RWG. Like I have mentioned in my previous post - it'll be something like selling a 2nd hand item, only that it has not been worn and i can actually take orders for it.

I won't have a whole bunch of watches - but i'll have watches that are rare to find, even from dealers. Like the PAM 8day or 10day horizontal power reserve - dealers have a fixed/faux PR. But i can supply a functional PR (not 8 or 10days, but 48-52hrs)

Anyways, I would appreciate all comments and opinions :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers :drinks:

I'm sorry if you want to sell a watch this is the wrong forum, you will need to upgrade your account and sell it in the trade section.

Also it hardly matters how you look at it, if you intend to buy from a source to resell here that is regarded as dealing and to get a position on our board you need to make a submission to our team.

Any attempt at back door dealing will see your account banned.

Ken

Ken,

I'm just looking for opinions before i do start selling/dealing.

Of course i will upgrade my account and get the proper approvals before doing so - but i'm just seeking for opinions before doing so.

Please understand that i did post up this topic in full respect of the board, and did not directly put up a for sale topic in the General Section.

Thanks.

Sur...

there have been many members whom have wanted to make "side" pocket money in selling watches..

please take this as friendly advise and leave the proffesional dealers to sell the replications..

in the end you will find you cannot cover all errors.. and to deny customs replacements ... is asking for more than you can bite off..

what you will do if you ignore the timely experience of those who have spoken... you will run into issues you arenot equiped to deal with... history has shown.. this over and over... if you don't have the deep pockets to make things right don't bother..

in otherwords.. what is it about "No" you don't understand..??

Save yourself a lot of greif ... this is not a gold mine for profiteering... it will only bring you and the rest of the forum grief..

A~C

Lani

Save yourself a lot of greif ... this is not a gold mine for profiteering... it will only bring you and the rest of the forum grief..

A~C

Lani

Thanks Lani for your open opinion.

I am not pursuing it further and neither is forcing myself to sell anything here.

I'm just asking opinions and am totally grateful for the advice given. I never said I wanted to make millions of mulah from this; i'm just sharing some watches that i've managed to find that dealers can't even offer (check out the 5th&7th pic at My Rolex GMT). Of course making a little bit of service fees for running around town and dispatching, etc on top of the cost involved.

Anyways, seems like i've offended many RWGers and if so i'm sorry.

I'm always open for opinions. 8)

To paraphrase JFK: ask not what RWG can do for you....................

Why don't you provide details of where you are sourcing your watches from rather than trying to make a profit from a community you have made no contribution to?

Operative word is community.

To paraphrase JFK: ask not what RWG can do for you....................

Why don't you provide details of where you are sourcing your watches from rather than trying to make a profit from a community you have made no contribution to?

Operative word is community.

I think I did mention that I'm sourcing it from a local (Malaysia) shop and they don't do the 'interneting' :lol:

So what can I do for RWG? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Like I said, I will make contributions. But is this all opinions are based on?

Anyway, Thanks for the input :drinks:

He just don't get it does he?

Mate: IF YOU ARE SELLING A WATCH SOURCED SPECIFICLY TO SELL YOU ARE DEALING.

You do simply not know enough (from the sounds of it) for the admin here to take you on board as a trusted dealer. Now, not for me to say but at a guess you have no hope of being allowed to sell your wares here no matter how good you think they are. I'd quit while you're ahead if I were you.

Regards, Col.

Sur...

there have been many members whom have wanted to make "side" pocket money in selling watches..

please take this as friendly advise and leave the proffesional dealers to sell the replications..

in the end you will find you cannot cover all errors.. and to deny customs replacements ... is asking for more than you can bite off..

what you will do if you ignore the timely experience of those who have spoken... you will run into issues you arenot equiped to deal with... history has shown.. this over and over... if you don't have the deep pockets to make things right don't bother..

A~C

Lani

Welcome back Lani! It's GREAT to see a post from you. I hope and pray you're better now, and getting even better every day! We missed you.

Just a thought, but if you feel you have a "source" for some excellent reps, why not contact one of our trusted dealers and help them out? I'm sure they are always looking for new sources and you may be able to work out a finders fee with them. I really liked the GMTii you posted but not knowing anything about you, I would never buy one from you (no offense intended), and from what I have read so far, it certainly doesn't look like anyone else would. Your disclaimers are a little too over the top. Every one of our trusted dealers backs their product and is very helpful if/when there are customs issues.

Just my 0.02

Just a thought, but if you feel you have a "source" for some excellent reps, why not contact one of our trusted dealers and help them out? I'm sure they are always looking for new sources and you may be able to work out a finders fee with them. I really liked the GMTii you posted but not knowing anything about you, I would never buy one from you (no offense intended), and from what I have read so far, it certainly doesn't look like anyone else would. Your disclaimers are a little too over the top. Every one of our trusted dealers backs their product and is very helpful if/when there are customs issues.

Just my 0.02

Well, from what I understand - most of the dealers are from CHINA or HK or something. I'm in Malaysia. And I honestly doubt that the watches are made locally - their most likely from a China factory. I do not know where that factory is. I just know a shop that I go to to buy my watches, like how you go buy a pair of jeans. So I doubt that intro thing might work and could backfire offending the dealers.

Its totally cool if you guys are not open and not wanting to trust me - I can understand that. Totally not offended. I was just asking for opinions, and that's what I got. Apart from some assumptions that this was a proposal for me to get on the sellers board <_< oh well - whats said is said.

So thank you all for your honest opinions.

For the time being, I'll just sit back, relax, and enjoy the forum.

:drinks:

Edited by sur3wyn

Anyways, seems like i've offended many RWGers and if so i'm sorry.

I'm always open for opinions. 8)

Nobody's offended, but it seems you're not getting the oh so subtle hint. It really isn't worth your time or trouble, and will only end one way.

As for opinions, I personally wouldn't touch your middleman wares with a ten-foot bargepole, and I suspect I'm not alone in that.

No offence, I'm sure you have good intentions but I don't know you, therefore nor do I trust you or the naiive manner in which you've come across with this ill thought-out scheme.

Imho, if you can not work on these things (or know someone who can) and have some way to get parts...leave dealing alone.

The reliability of replica watches is probably around 70% (just a guess). This means comebacks. If you can not fix comebacks, you will have to replace them.

Maybe 1 out of 25 gets snagged by customs, lost in shipment etc and the buyer never gets the watch. This equals more replacements.

Repairs, parts etc = a loss.

Add replacements etc = A BIG LO$$

OP: think of how many established "dealers" with Internet Sites up and running, overhead, policies in place, etc..

are out there in cyber world that would love to sell on RWG.

Please understand the forum cannot let just anyone be a dealer becuase they have a source.

If you wish to become a dealer you need to make that decision and committment on your own and approach the forum moderations after you are already established, as a dealer this forum is not where you start to learn the craft but where you have it already perfected and then sell here.

As a member (non dealer) we all are in the learning stage.