When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

any of our guys have this vintage omega ?

2005SUBMARINER

hello fellas , does any of our guys ever made this vintage omega with ss mesh band ?

thanx ..2005sub ;)

People have been demanding the rep factories make this model since before I arrived on the scene. There are some counterfeit ones available from IIRC Vietnam, but they're sold as genuines to unsuspecting chumps.

That one is all wrong. I observe:

-Bad bezel

-Wrong 6/9 on the dial (they're only partially open, with the majority closed. Compare to mine above)

-Bad dial font

-Incorrect Omega logo

-Stubbies

-Incorrect hands

-Case does not look too good

Only upside is that it has a gen 552 movement inside.

This is one of those Vietnam examples...

It'll be the reissue Ploprof, but my god if they do that right it'll be the most gorgeous beast since the PAM 187 :drool:

I must admit though having had more than a glimpse of the gen, the new rubber strap and deployant is gorgeous and would be my preference over the old 'sharkproof' mesh bracelet.

For the Omega mesh, I had to get an "extender" (it's an OEM part that cost $50) to make it fit my 7.5" wrist. You can sort of see it here... not the best pic

watches12.jpg

Forgot to mention. This is by far the most comfortable, bulletproof strap I've ever worn. The clasp is a work of art (ok maybe not as good as the new Rolex ones, but it's close)