When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland Avenger V3 ?!

mrshagz

did you read toad's post that compares these 2 versions?...it's not as cut/dry as Yodap makes it...he is a STRONG proponent of v2, but the v1 and v3 have there pros, as well...like anything, it's subjective...

Well, the V3 has only two better parts:

-Correct caseback

-Valid manufacturing date between the lugs

None of these two can be seen by anyone, and if you take the watch off, they could only notice that the model no. is engraved with a slightly bigger font than the genuine.

I forgot, the V3's chrono sec hand is more accurate colorwise, a very slight difference imo.

What are the other supposed benefits of the V3?

-More crisp bezel engraving: sure, it is more crisp, but the fonts are too thick (I'd say about 1,2x or 1,3x thicker than the gen). In comparison with that, the V2 uses correct thickness fonts, which are a bit less crisp, but this is NOT NOTICEABLE without magnification.

-well, I can't think of anything else!?

But here are the benefits of the V2:

-Stamped B on the bezel

-Better dial (breit. logo bolder, more gen like)

-correct length pushers

-More gen like pearl (I'd say 95% spot on)

-Better AR

that's all what comes to my mind this second...

EDIT:

-V2's bezel engravings go more towards the edge of the bezel, also more accurate to gen.

And just to be clarified, I'm saying these statements after holding a V2 and a friend's V3 next to a genuine at the same time.

PS here is a photo I attached to another thread in the past, don't care about the dial, just look at the bezel, pushers and pearl.

evoskyland.jpg

And to clarify, Yodap is "the best" authority on rep Breitling so .. your search for info has come to an end.

Thanks JKay, but I still have to learn, and will always have to, ya know... :)

Greetz.

Edited by yodap

Yodap is correct on the visual aspects, but it's the unseen benefits that make the v3 a viable alternative. First, price. My v3 came in at well under $200, almost half of what a v2 was going for. Secondly, the v2 had movement issues with many reports of DOA and continuously running 6:00 subdials. Thirdly, the v3 movement is properly decorated, including the bridges, spacer and rotor. All in all there are several reasons to argue that the v3 is a higher quality watch, even if is less acurate visually.

Yep, you'd pretty much use an entire v3 but for the bezel & pushers.

That's what I've been thinking of, but how the heck could I remove the bezel? :(

Maybe Avitt could do it, he's got a bezel remover, check this thread.

Avitt, could you chime in please? Thanks!

PS: Andrew is right about the movement, the V3 has a decorated Breitling rotor, and much of the V2s had / have faulty movements. Never heard about any movement issues of a V3.

Greetz.

Thanks, Andreww for weighing in...

I totally agree on the points you raised about the v3 -- and to me, one of the best reasons to get a v3 is price...We all know that there are many really good quality reps out there, but some are well over $300usd...so to be able to get a reasonably accurate, high quality rep like the v3 skyland and/or the asian SOSF for under $200usd, that's what drives the "best" in my book...

R-

Thanks, Andreww for weighing in...

I totally agree on the points you raised about the v3 -- and to me, one of the best reasons to get a v3 is price...We all know that there are many really good quality reps out there, but some are well over $300usd...so to be able to get a reasonably accurate, high quality rep like the v3 skyland and/or the asian SOSF for under $200usd, that's what drives the "best" in my book...

R-

That's true, pricewise the V3s are worth their value, but the OP was asking for the best version. That's the V2.

Greetz.

i you don't know an rep-friendly watch-smith go for V3 -

my V2 and SA (same factory) had both problems - shame, they are so nice ;)

my SA is fixed (hopefully) the Skyland has a Swiss 7750 now ....

cheers,

Frank