When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your Gold & Two-Tones

By-Tor

I'm always going back and forth with the gold watches. On the other hand I love them but I always feel a bit uncomfortable wearing them. I don't know what it is... they're just a bit "garish".

I've owned many gold watches. A gen Aquaracer TT blue, owned/reviewed 4-5 TT Subs and a TT Breitling Navitimer.

TT Sub is one of those watches that I always want to own. But when I get them, I just feel it's a bit "too much". I'm curious to see the upcoming WM9 version. This Noobfactory / wrapped version was the nicest I ever had.

55a.jpg

Let's see your gold watches! :tu:

This is my first and more than likely last watch with any gold on it (except hands and lettering, that is). Gold, whether TT or full gold is really too bling for me and just not my style. That said, you really sold me good on this one with your excellent review By-Tor and I absolutely adore it. I got it from another member here (surely the best way to acquire a watch, I think) in a flawless transaction and it came with the added attractions of AR by Chief and lume by Vac. And once again, I absolutely adore it.

Hopefully you'll excuse the picture quality, as it's been a few years since I last used a camera and I'm still very much feeling my way with the new one I recently got. The pic has a very strong blue cast from natural backlight and I just hastily adjusted it a bit in PS so the gold could actually be seen at all.

Navitimer-2small.jpg

Yeah... that Breitling Navi TT is really nice. Excellent TT replica, even by today's standards. It simply didn't fit my wrist and I "flipped" it really quick, mainly because of that. But I really liked it. I have considered a TT BCE lately. Maybe someone wants to trade one in EU?

I know gold isn't popular among the majority of members, but so what... it'd be nice to see them anyway. I'm a "closet" 18K fan myself. :D

No gold to show, sorry.....but

I was at a meeting last week in Regent Street, London, talking to two contractors.

One was wearing a gold Yachtmaster. I believe it to be gen, because it was simply the 'goldest' thing I have ever seen (and also because the guy was loaded). Mesmerising! Not my cup of tea, to be honest. Just too much 'in yer face'. I looked up the retail price on this when I got back to the office.

I do have quite a few TT watches and also over the years owned a few full gold ones. Although I like the look of them, I rarely wear them. In every day life, I'm more of a sporty / steel guy.

one of the reps...

DSC04102.jpg

one of the gens...

1461.jpg

I used to wear gold and two tone watches exclusively. For a very long time I draped myself in huge gold chains, rings and glasses. These days I find myself wearing steel and silver, white gold and platinum jewelry and eyeglasses most of the time. Here are a few from my collection.

Nice wraped daytona

DSC00440.jpg

Yachtie

DSC00319.jpg

BCE

evotop.jpg

One from the past

DSC00324-1.jpg

Group shot

trio2.jpg

And of corse my signature........