When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Smallest wireless mouse for laptop / phone

omni

This mini-mouse is only for traveling as I wouldn't normally use it day to day. I've reduced down to a 2.3 lb Asus Netbook for an upcoming month long trip through Italy in September, so the less weight I carry the better. Last year's trip to NZ South Island I carried my Panasonic Toughbook field computer at 8 lbs with a stowaway Mogo mouse. I'm not expecting the same weather conditions so no need for a tank in refined Rome where a light Ferrari will do!

Asus just released this Vento mini-mouse which is the size of a USB flashdrive and it has a functioning scroll wheel. The original concept actually was a combo mouse - flashdrive, thus probably the design.

ms-71_black_hires1.jpg

I favor a mouse more than the touchpads of my laptops so I got one since I can't use a Mogo Stowaway, the Asus has no express card slot. Must say it is very well thought out in the design, very innovative how it stores and comes apart in two pieces for transmitter & receiver. The receiver is so small that it almost isn't there, that was why I always have stuck to bluetooth mice before this since the receivers were as big as this mouse and would stick out and get in the way if you were moving the laptop around. Only con I have is the scroll wheel is geared, meaning it doesn't roll smoothly without clicking. However, a press on the scrollwheel allows virtual cursor scrolling that is quite controlled. Even for my large hands it works great.

Nice find. I'm using a Logitech VX Nano of which the receiver is same size as yours (and can just remain in the notebooks USB port), but the mouse (even though it small) is much bigger in comparison. I would have tactile problems with such a micromouse and rather use the touchpad....

Oh man, this could be a HUGE time saver. Does it have built in flash memory? Think of the applications! I've wanted this for years, to be able to store files to the mouse, swap a KVM switch to another box, and have my files available. As long as a sender could address two receivers, you'd be set.

Hey Omni how did you like the Mogo? Been thinking about picking one up.

My Toughbook, with built-in handle, is made to travel to a field site without a case to stash peripherals, the Mogo is a perfect fit for that application. Having it store inside the case away from rain, mud, dust made sense. The MoGo lacks a scroll wheel, on the presenter models the center bar works the same as your laptop touchpad for scrolling. I like my Mogo very much.

Does it have built in flash memory?

Not at this price. They originally made it with a flash drive when it debuted but I haven't seen it offered that way yet. Ordered mine online from a Taiwan seller.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...