When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who has the best DSSD 116660?

Pugwash

Ok but what about this one from Andrew?? Says it was custom built only for Trusty (cough) Josh... :whistling:

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=4007&zenid=acd79a5d2e0155384793577f3437f0fd

Never mind , i did the comparison on ET's site and definitely Euros is better ( no beveled window, Lume color....etc)

I bought 5 watches from Andrew, he is still my favorite seller.

I don't care about DS and of course no QC, I never had a problem with him... And even with Josh.

They communicate and they arrange... That's what I keep in mind.

But this one is far from the V5, Just check... And begin (for exemple) by the caseback and continue after...

You'll understand.

Edit: You did it...

I bought 5 watches from Andrew, he is still my favorite seller.

I don't care about DS and of course no QC, I never had a problem with him... And even with Josh.

They communicate and they arrange... That's what I keep in mind.

But this one is far from the V5, Just check... And begin ( by exemple) by the caseback and continue after...

You'll understand.

Edit: You did it...

That's funny antomarty. I feel the same way about Andrew and Josh. Bottom

line is they produce with little worry. But just like you said the difference is night

and day. I guess I can put up with the spotty communication when there is a special

watch that comes along.

Puggers,

From what I have seen, the V3 has the best case and bracelet construction. The V5 has the best dial and bezel. My advice, if you have the means (and I don't right now), would be to buy both, put the v5 dial and bezel insert in the V3 sell the remaining bastard watch off to cover as much of your cost as you can, and you are left with basically the perfect rep. I think you can pretty much get any of them from any of the dealers.

Bryan

Puggers,

From what I have seen, the V3 has the best case and bracelet construction. The V5 has the best dial and bezel. My advice, if you have the means (and I don't right now), would be to buy both, put the v5 dial and bezel insert in the V3 sell the remaining bastard watch off to cover as much of your cost as you can, and you are left with basically the perfect rep. I think you can pretty much get any of them from any of the dealers.

Bryan

My v5 bracelet is like satin to the touch and all screws are flush as can be to the links .. where are the problems you describe? I don't think I've seen them mentioned before.

Beyond that, the V3 case back is utterly incorrect .. the V5 is the correct case back.

Yeah, I have the same question, how do we know if this is a gen ETA besides the dealer said it is.....

Eurotimez was the dealer that brought the asian copies to light, he even posted comprison pics of how they can be spotted so that we would not get rippesd off, and i have not heard or any one getting the wrong movement yet.

• 1 month later...

V3 an V5 seem to differ on the shape of th ebottom of the crown guard. V3 lok scorrect and comes to an edge at the bottom opening of the CG ,where the V5, as far as I have seen is blocked off at that particular point. On the bracelet, I have heard that the v5 clasp is someone troublesome, and the coronet seems to be attached in a way that shows through underneath the coronet.

About the crown guard .. yes, the V3 cg extends farther under the crown but unfortunately that is sadly incorrect .. it looks like both the V5 and V3 CGs are a little off in this regard. The V5 is not pointy enough and the V3 swoops too close together. And also, as you can see, the gen has a flat pearl like a V5, not the big bubble pearl of the V3.

GEN side view.

Original.1.JPG