When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Custom homage PAM's

Mickey Padge

Just picked up a homage PAM from an RWG auction, I received the watch within a few days, and it was a really nice piece, with a great strap too, thanks alexsedlex! B)

But the crystal had a couple of tiny specs embedded inside it, trust my hawk eyes to spot it! :p

So I decided to take it apart and see what I could do with the parts. I had a PVD PAM case lying around which has a nice AR sapphire crystal, but the PVD was scratched up a bit, so I thought why not use the scratches themselves as the finish to the case? So I really went to task on the case, and took all the PVD off, then I popped the dial and movement from the auction PAM inside it, took the great looking crown from the new case, and fortunately the case back fit too, so the watch is totally unbranded! (The PVD case back was Panerai signed)

I put the strap on an unbranded titanium buckle, and the watch was complete! Here are some pictures, keep clicking to expand!

dsc02767f.th.jpgdsc02768a.th.jpgdsc02769e.th.jpgdsc02770c.th.jpgdsc02771.th.jpg

dsc02772e.th.jpgdsc02773f.th.jpgdsc02774q.th.jpgdsc02775r.th.jpgdsc02776n.th.jpgdsc02778x.th.jpg

dsc02772fnf.jpg

I think the result is really cool, the fact the the parts came together so well, to create a true unbranded homage was a stroke of luck. The strap really matches the stressed out case well, overall I think the look is unique and effective. Certainly I will never have to worry about desk diving marks with this watch! :lol:

One thing that I like in particular, is that the PVD is still intact in certain areas around the CG and more importantly, inside the case. The rehaut area blends with the dial and shadows, to really create an interesting effect, and frame the dial well.....

What do you guys think? Yay, or nay :p

Cheers! B)

Wow, my most favourite thread! :Jumpy:

Great homages you have there, Mickey! Congrats!

I especially love the blue one.

Here are mines.

1. The Luminor Moondust (Ti, SL):

moondust1.jpg

moondust4.jpg

Together with the Radiomir version, and a lume shot:

bothn.jpg

bothlume.jpg

2. The Radiomir Moondust (polished + beadblasted SS, SL), with three different shoes:

radiomoondust.jpg

radiomoondust2.jpg

chiarowrist.jpg

Together with the Surftech:

bothsmall.jpg

3. The Golddust (RG, invisible crystal, SL):

golddust.jpg

luminorwristshot.jpg

4. The Radiobeach, SS version (polished SS, SL):

radiomirss1.jpg

radiomirss4sharpened.jpg

5. The Radiobeach, RG version (true 7 micron thick RG coat, SL):

image1zwu.jpg

6. The Surftech (44mm 1950 case, domed crystal).

Uhm, this is not exactly a homage as it shows a brand, still it is a fantasy model and I thought you may like it as well. This was the 1st fantasy PAM I made:

image0znn.jpg

scurowrist.jpg

Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed making them. :)

Wow, what a great collection, thanks for sharing! B)

The blue dial will be spare now, as the vac dial has replaced it, maybe I could transfer it into another watch in the future, or sell it?

I really like that first PAM picture you posted, the Luminor Moondust (Ti, SL), If you ever want to part with that baby, let me know! :D

I really like that first PAM picture you posted, the Luminor Moondust (Ti, SL), If you ever want to part with that baby, let me know! :D

Thanks Mike, but I think that the Luminor Moondust will be the watch that I'll be bringing along with me in the grave.

In any case, stay assured I'll not forget about you if I will change my mind.

On the other hand, if you decide to sell the blue dial please give me a whistle. I have a feeling that it would make for a gorgeous homage in a Ti case.

Gorgeous watch, delta!

And awesome strap. May I ask where it comes from?

I really would like to get a mini fiddy too, but I can't seem to find a homage watch with a domed sapphire crystal, I really don't like mineral crystals....

Consider that a double AR mineral crystal is exactly as scratchproof as a double AR sapphire crystal, Mick. ;)

SSSurfer, I will let you know what I decide to do with the blue superlumed dial B)

Great. Thanks!