When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cant decide rose gold RC or Sachin?

Considering my latest AP ROO purchase...

Not sure if I go with the Sachin or Rose Gold Rubber Clad or wait for the bumble bee. Was hoping for some input from you guys...

I have been reading the threads previous about both. I am curious who has the updated dial rose gold and what your impressions are.

Currently I have the black dial rubber clad and SS Navy

Also,

The rep strap for the Sachin, how does it look? does it need to be changed out?

http://www.jpc8118.com/aap10035-royal-chronograph-ssle-whtblue-a7750-sec12-p-6103.html

http://www.jpc8118.com/aap10052-royal-chronograph-rgru-grey-a7750-sec12-p-5743.html

post-18322-124984415071_thumb.jpg

Edited by goodfella0406

The dial is still in accurate on the Rose Gold Rubber Clad. Should be dark gray, not black.

IMO, the old one is better because they are still gray even though they are too light.

Somehow, I do not think bumblebee will be repped, because of the forged carbon it uses. If they knew how to make the carbon, they would have made alinghi already.

But that is one fantastic piece and I hope they will rep it someday.

Sachin is quite accurate. There is a member here who bought the sachin and they looked pretty good.

great responses from two members who's opinions I value.. Thank you. I too am ok with the serial flaw, although i don't like it. It's a shame about the Rose Gold. I love that watch and it is such a popular one around these parts, the GEN that is..

I spoke with Josh a few months back who told me that bumble bee was in the works. I will check with him again and see if that is actually happening.

I have been so afraid to purchase a hornback from the dealers as I have read that they just look awful but the Sachin, at least in Josh's pictures which we know are not to accurate, it looks rather good though.

Thoughts on Cartel hornbacks?

I know I've said that the hornback is imperfect, but the rep strap still draws compliments from people with reasonable taste. From a distance it looks nice, it's just not supple or subtle on closer inspection.

I can only imagine that any reasonable hornback (HK tan, AP bands, or even the gen AP hornback) ought to just drop jaws in person, because they look amazing in all of the pictures that I've seen.

Now with the new improved safari dial I think it's a good investment.

I think the rep hornbacks are fine,of course not comparable to gen, but not bad at all.

Some members on RG actually have bought a strap from APbands and they said the quality of the strap is not worth the price ($350) compared to the rep strap. That is the reason I stick with rep hornbacks for the time being.

I would highly suggest getting a gen (about $500) if you are concerned about the strap, definitely worth the extra $150 compared to APbands.

I have not had any experience with HKtan but from what I saw, they were pretty good.

great responses from two members who's opinions I value.. Thank you. I too am ok with the serial flaw, although i don't like it. It's a shame about the Rose Gold. I love that watch and it is such a popular one around these parts, the GEN that is..

I spoke with Josh a few months back who told me that bumble bee was in the works. I will check with him again and see if that is actually happening.

I have been so afraid to purchase a hornback from the dealers as I have read that they just look awful but the Sachin, at least in Josh's pictures which we know are not to accurate, it looks rather good though.

Thoughts on Cartel hornbacks?

I too own the Navi ROO on hornback that I got from Josh. The reason I did not get the Sachin, is because I thought it looked too much like the Navi, but I got the strap, and I think it looks great. I am even thinking of trying the strap on the RBII, I think it would look a lot different.

I am just not a fan of Rose Gold, so I can't really give an opinion on that.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!!

Edited by tridad

I think the rep hornbacks are fine,of course not comparable to gen, but not bad at all.

Some members on RG actually have bought a strap from APbands and they said the quality of the strap is not worth the price ($350) compared to the rep strap. That is the reason I stick with rep hornbacks for the time being.

I would highly suggest getting a gen (about $500) if you are concerned about the strap, definitely worth the extra $150 compared to APbands.

I have not had any experience with HKtan but from what I saw, they were pretty good.

I have considered getting a GEN, but the thought of the watch dying on me and being stuck with a 1k paper weight is just to heartbreaking to bare.

I have written to Archimede but have not heard back.. what do you think of his pics? is that a rep band or GEN?

I have considered getting a GEN, but the thought of the watch dying on me and being stuck with a 1k paper weight is just to heartbreaking to bare.

I have written to Archimede but have not heard back.. what do you think of his pics? is that a rep band or GEN?

I think his is a rep band. If you want to see a gen band, find a thread from apollo about his volcano on gen strap. ()

Regarding the movement, The Zigmeister said the configuration sec at 12 is fine as long as it is properly serviced. The main cause of failure is poor QC (dirty movement etc).

I have been quite lucky as none of mine has stopped working, but I do not use them everyday with the exception of the volcano.

Others might be a bit unlucky as there is a member here who bought 3 watches and they all stopped working.

It is for you to decide if it is worth the risk.

For me it is, because I know if it stopped working within a reasonable timeframe, the dealer will fix it for me.

Edited by arrowax

I too own the Navi ROO on hornback that I got from Josh. The reason I did not get the Sachin, is because I thought it looked too much like the Navi, but I got the strap, and I think it looks great. I am even thinking of trying the strap on the RBII, I think it would look a lot different.

I am just not a fan of Rose Gold, so I can't really give an opinion on that.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!!

Did you mean you bought the sachin strap? would you be so kind as to put up some pics? I would love to see some real pics of it that are not from one of the dealers!

Did you mean you bought the sachin strap? would you be so kind as to put up some pics? I would love to see some real pics of it that are not from one of the dealers!

Yes, just the strap, I liked the colors on it.

I will post some pics when I get a chance.

Cheers!

Man feel good to be back, under a different user name though, Get the Sachin, the rose Gold rubber clad isn't really updated, the black dial is incorrect, the gray dial is too light, and it has subdial rings, it shouldn't have subdial rings that is a big tell, so get the sachin, the rep strap isn't that bad, and AP bands doesn't make one, not to mention that a lot of members have said that the Ap bands straps and the Rep straps are pretty similar in finish and quality!

Man feel good to be back, under a different user name though, Get the Sachin, the rose Gold rubber clad isn't really updated, the black dial is incorrect, the gray dial is too light, and it has subdial rings, it shouldn't have subdial rings that is a big tell, so get the sachin, the rep strap isn't that bad, and AP bands doesn't make one, not to mention that a lot of members have said that the Ap bands straps and the Rep straps are pretty similar in finish and quality!

Awesome response and yes, I am leaning towards that. Actually Josh let me know that the RG RC was out of stoke, so that helps!

I just heard from my GEN watch guiy that he can get me a GEN strap for 650.00 I was hoping to find one for under 500

• 2 weeks later...

A RG one looks great:

d09tur485_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

That thing is sick.... I can deal with some of the dial flaws as I know they are minute but my main concern is the finish of the rose gold. how horrible do you think it is and or in comparison in color.

Leaning towards this one......

Guest Sql_pl

Can't really say anything about RG ROO but I have a V1 RG HBB (yes, the $1k one :( ) that is mostly used by my father as I figured gold is not really what I feel comfortable with and he managed to really beat the [censored] out of it, watch has quite a number of scratches but nothing destroyed the coating so far or got through to steel, it really looks solid. And color matching in HBB is spot on. So I assume this one would be good too. I really love all the gold marking in the caseback of this RG ROO, that's a great touch.

7.jpg