When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First rep has arrived - possible problem?

bluejelly

OK, so i've just recieved my first rep. I'm so excited - i researched it for so long and eventually decided on a Brietling Skyland Avenger.

I dont know much about watches but have read all the guidlines for using a A7750 movement and have never heard of this problem.

I cant seem to pull the crown out. I dont want to force it but have pulled fairly hard and it wont come out. It also barely rotates. Again i dont want to force it but with considerable force I can only turn it maybe 10 degrees if that! Any idea what is wrong if anything?

Any comments are appreciated. I have it booked in soon to be serviced with The Zigmeister, but if this is a factory fault I need to get it replaced asap.

Thanks

Thanks so much both of you. Both right! It just needed a bit of a twist in the right direction. I feel really dumb now but like I said i really am new to watches.

I read that its not good to hand wind an A7750 movement. I just thought that when the crown is all the way in and you twisted it it would hand wind.

Also thanks for not calling me a noob and laying into me for such a silly mistake.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I got my first screw down crown. It did take me a while to get the hang of It. I was use to the pull and push varity. It Is also better to come here and ask a question then taking a chance of harming your new watch. The old adage Is true " the only dumb question Is the question you dont ask" Oh Im so clever ;) Good luck with your new watch :) Mike