When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Watch Is Better?

watchski

Which do you think is a better $200 LV between these two. I personally think PT's ultimate is better but for $200 which of these two is better?

Andrew's new 2005 version like here:

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=621

Or:

EDDIE LEE's:

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/300...RY/GREEN%20SUB/

New Green submariner

Swiss eta 2836-25j movt

Thick sapphire

Thick date mag

120 tight click bezel

ss band

hologram

all serial

water resistance guarantteeeeeee….50m dash in the rain

Kotex Maxi dial

Fat Toni hands

Perfect green color tone bezel

I see - not using aspire any more then. I kind of clicked when I saw the 'crazy sale' link on the site...

Do people actually even receive the watches from him? His prices are RIDICULOUSLY low?

I know this topic has been covered, but can anyone at least confirm that his watches are legitimate and that you get them?

Do people actually even receive the watches from him? His prices are RIDICULOUSLY low?

I know this topic has been covered, but can anyone at least confirm that his watches are legitimate and that you get them?

Yes, I can confirm that he is still active and sends out the watches you paid for. Just got two POs (5th gen with leather band - no one else has these at the moment...) from him today, excellent quality. I compared them to the ones I got from Andrew. Fast delivery and good communication. So, no problems with the "new" Paul at all...

You can log in to wo-mart with your old user name and password from Aspire...

Greetings

DJ

Edited by melvin.x

Of the ones posted, i see the following.

Eddie's new one looks the same as PT's ultimate, and Paul's "so called"ultimate. Andrew also carries this watch, but it's not the one linked to. Can be bought in ETA and asian movements from Andrew and TTK (when he has them).

Andrew's (the one linked to by the OP) is same ( apart from the decorated movement) as the old CN (Chinese) subs. These hit the market about may/june last year with the then NEW hollow link bracelet.

The pros and cons of each are as follows:

Ultimate (the new CN sub?):

Pros: Good crown guards - the best ones so far IMO, but still not quite perfect.

Good date position

Good bezel insert and pearl. Should be swappable for a genuine or aftermarket insert without sanding down.

Better click mechanism.

Cons:

Weaker date mag (more like 2x than 2.5x)

The dial on the LV isn't as good as the old CN sub (bold m, swiss made over 3 ticks, fat marker surrounds).

The bracelet on the one i had was very sharp on the edges

the crown is a little too fat

Old CN sub (Still stocked by Andrew, Joshua, Paul, King, Silix, and maybe PT (i've seen it offered as a raffle prize by him recently):

Pros:

Great date font and magnification

The LV dial is just about perfect

Bracelet is nicely finished (no sharp edges)

Nicely shaped crown

Cons:

Pearl can be hit and miss.

The bezel insert cannot changed for aftermarket/gen withouth shaving.

Fat CGs

The date is positioned too far right

That is by no means a definative guide, but i do own two of the old CN subs (Black and LV), and did breifly own the asian version of black 'ultimate' sub, and is simply based on my observations and opinions. Just decide which you prefer. Personally, i've stuck with the old CNs because i love the huge date mag. If this changes in the future, i might switch.

Looks like Wo-mart / Paul / Aspire is trying to start a price war. :bangin:

Good for the buyers, but...

Any thoughts on this?

How come no one mentions the most glaring difference of all, the one most all ADs pick up at a first glance of the dial.

Replica Dial: Oyster Perpetual Date

Genuine Submariner non LV dial: Oyster Perpetual Date

Genuine LV Dial: Oyster (space) Perpetual (space) Date

Of the LV's I've shopped for, and this includes MBW's down to the $88 21js only King has an LV with a dial accurate in this regard.

Ultimate (the new CN sub?):

Cons:

The dial on the LV isn't as good as the old CN sub (bold m, swiss made over 3 ticks, fat marker surrounds).

The bracelet on the one i had was very sharp on the edges

the crown is a little too fat

The dial problems were on the first batch of ultimates. I just recieved my Ultimate LV from PT it has an uprgraded dial with not bold "m" and correct second markers.

The bracelet is not perfect but not sharp. I think a simple polish will do no crock sticks or files necessary.

Yeah, I think the crown is a little too fat.

BTW: He still has pictures of his old ULT up with the old dial errors. I suggested he should take new picks. Oh well......

It looks like quite a bit has already been said.

From their pics, it looks to me that EL's model has better crown guards but that it also has a bold 'm'. Hopefully it will not come with the bold 'm'. If you were not up for modding, it seems big CGs would be easier to call out than the bold 'm'.

As for the LV dial itself, I have discovered 2 different dial variations in genuine form.

The 3 tick dial does not have the extra spacing between Oyster Perpetual Date. This is the dial that comes on the MBW.

Pic of Genuine in this dial configuration.

The 5 tick dial does include an extra space between Osyster Perpetual Date. This is the dial that comes from King.

The 5 tick dial with extra spacing seems to be more common the genuines I have seen but do not have a large enough sample size to try and date which years came with which dial. Maybe someone can step forward and start that project :)

It looks like quite a bit has already been said.

From their pics, it looks to me that EL's model has better crown guards but that it also has a bold 'm'. Hopefully it will not come with the bold 'm'. If you were not up for modding, it seems big CGs would be easier to call out than the bold 'm'.

As for the LV dial itself, I have discovered 2 different dial variations in genuine form.

The 3 tick dial does not have the extra spacing between Oyster Perpetual Date. This is the dial that comes on the MBW.

The 5 tick dial does include an extra space between Osyster Perpetual Date. This is the dial that comes from King.

The 5 tick dial with extra spacing seems to be more common the genuines I have seen but do not have a large enough sample size to try and date which years came with which dial. Maybe someone can step forward and start that project :)

I dont know how from either of those 8 minutes past 10 photos how you can gauge the spacing. What I know of the genuines is from a google image search. Every LV on ebay I have seen has the big spacing.

And then I find this right here in another thread!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/BN-Rolex-50th-Annivers...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by crystalcranium

You may be correct about the spacing issue. However, something more interesting I ran across today on TZ was 2 different genuine LV bezel variations.

106193-25017.jpg

I once found this here on the German Rolex forum where a member posted his two LVs with a darker and a lighter green bezel:

Also illustrated here is the difference in bezelfont, the left has a point 4, the right has the flat 4.

The watch on the right must be the earlier version, as you can see the Green Sub on the left has the "D" serial tag.

Also "swiss made" on the dial is wider spaced on the right than the one on the left. I don't know if this makes any difference but it is a difference.

• 3 weeks later...

I have also seen at Trusty website that there is another model of LV (ROLSUB002) being sold at USD $188 i.e. $100 cheaper than ROLSUB0011

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=254

I guess the ROLSUB0011 at USD $198 is 2005 model and ROLSUB002 at USD $188 is a newer model ??

I cant seem to see the differences (in terms of quality) from pic at trusty's web for these 2 models. Anyone knows which would be a better rep closer to a gen ? Anyone purchase either model and any comments would be great. Thanks

Edited by replicaman