When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SD 1665 DIAL Which one

cib0rgman

I have a 1665 with a bunch of gen parts. I even have a 1570 movement installed by The Zigmeister. I would like to hear some comments about replacement dial besides the gen of course.

MBK

Yuki

NDtrading.

Which one is the best way to go. MBK definitively is o.k. but the date does not align well.

Thanks

Cyb

MBW is okay but the red is too dark. You need a red that *pops*. Start there and then pay attention to the "O" and "L" in ROLEX. Get the right stick markers. I'd go NDTrading, Yuki and then MBW, in that order. You might even see if Kirk Rich can help you out.

There isn't a good option out there as they all have their faults.

The problem with the ND Trading dial is the font type, particularly the 'S' that they use; it's an instant 'tell' ;)

The Yuki dials are pretty standard HK fare, and easy to spot due to the fonts and serifs.

The MBW dial is maybe the closest in appearance, but again, it has it's flaws (date alignment, etc).

Personally, I'd build a great white using a gen dial with matching hands and a 1570 in a Phong or NDT case.

Just my $0.02...

^_^

There isn't a good option out there as they all have their faults.

The problem with the ND Trading dial is the font type, particularly the 'S' that they use; it's an instant 'tell' ;)

The Yuki dials are pretty standard HK fare, and easy to spot due to the fonts and serifs.

The MBW dial is maybe the closest in appearance, but again, it has it's flaws (date alignment, etc).

Personally, I'd build a great white using a gen dial with matching hands and a 1570 in a Phong or NDT case.

Just my $0.02...

^_^

:tu:

Can't wait to see what kruzer does with his phong case ;)

Edited by Chronus