When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hoping for a vetrens advice

cheswick

I've finally got my new Bezel insert (my original was faulty) for a DSSD V3 and have painted the numerals so they appear thicker. Pleased by my work I put my DSSD back on and almost instantly noticed the pearl is very dim and not even close to blue in color. Fortunetly, my original pearl is much nicer and am about to put it back on. My thought was to just remove the pearl and use a 2 part epoxy to fix the old pearl back on. Does anyone have any experience doing so? Is this a bad idea, would it be better to remove the bezel insert altogether? Any of your experiences is welcome!

Be aware that the pearls may not have the same dimentions. I did a pearl replacement and had to turn down the end that fits in the bezel as you can not make the hole in the bezel larger. I managed to set the parl un the chuck of my dremil and turn it down using a stanley knife blade as graver.

I've used V3 pearls on V5s and vice-a-versa; they should fit no problem.

If you have not attached the insert to the bezel yet, that's good--you can push the unwanted pearl out from the back & glue the new one in as mentioned. I found it easier to push the old one out first, then reattach the insert to the bezel. After it has had time to set & cure, you can put just a minuscule drop of two-ply epoxy in the hole where the pearl is supposed to be, then attach the pearl.

Edited by gioarmani