When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Everyday Carry (EDC) check

P4GTR

Guest techlogik

Enough is never enough. :thumbsupsmileyanim: When I really feel I need it, I will carry my 1911 in .38 Super with dual stack mag. If I can not hit my target with 18 rounds....... :whistling:

Due to my bear paws for hands, I could never handle the compact for carry. Always had to go full frame.

True that.

The thing I love about the Kahr PM9...you can literally put it in your pant/short pocket...and nobody knows it is there..true definition of conceal carry...plus quality and reliability.

I also have an XD40...but I can't put that thing in my waist holster unless I have a huge baggy shirt on. Too wide/bulky.

The 1911 with it's lower profile, and stacked like you have is a good option if you can conceal it well. And they are very accurate and consistent. :drinks:

True that.

The thing I love about the Kahr PM9...you can literally put it in your pant/short pocket...and nobody knows it is there..true definition of conceal carry...plus quality and reliability.

I also have an XD40...but I can't put that thing in my waist holster unless I have a huge baggy shirt on. Too wide/bulky.

The 1911 with it's lower profile, and stacked like you have is a good option if you can conceal it well. And they are very accurate and consistent. :drinks:

I have to wear a slightly baggy shirt with my .38 Super 1911 due to the slightly wider frame. It is a rail frame, so pulling it can be a bit of a hell some times. More of a race gun, hence why I am building the .45 1911 I have pictured. Commander model so 4.25" barrel. They are nice to carry due to how slim they are. Bob-tail the frame and it is very well concealed.

The XD.40 is a great gun. I have the XDM and have carried it. A little bulky, but nice to have 15rds. Does yours have the mag. safety?

My seiko Sportura (for sale)

Spongebob wallet

Dogtags

CRKT first strike (go to war knife)

SOG ageis (regimental knife, EDC)

img0064au.jpg

Nice to see a set of complete Canadian dogtags :) I have one as well, but only wore the one half Wolverine-Style. When I got married, I took my wife's name, so replaced it with a set of current UK-MOD issue tags (modded with US Silencers) I'm not in the Forces, I just have a phobia of being unidentifiable post-mortem, which some have attributed to me getting lost as a child... Oh well :)

Each to their own, but I don't get the knives thing either (or weapons at all for that matter), perhaps some people just like them like I like watches..? ie: Like, I don't need 17 gens and 8 reps but I still have them...

Missing from the pic is the gen ceramic Loyal that is my current favourite gen and nearly always on the wrist.

Edit: also missing from the pic is the second most important item, the phone: iphones are for girls and cat-lovers - the nokia e71... Now there's a phone with chest hair!

:p

EDC.jpg

loyal-vert-sized.jpg

Guest techlogik

I have to wear a slightly baggy shirt with my .38 Super 1911 due to the slightly wider frame. It is a rail frame, so pulling it can be a bit of a hell some times. More of a race gun, hence why I am building the .45 1911 I have pictured. Commander model so 4.25" barrel. They are nice to carry due to how slim they are. Bob-tail the frame and it is very well concealed.

The XD.40 is a great gun. I have the XDM and have carried it. A little bulky, but nice to have 15rds. Does yours have the mag. safety?

No mag safety..never knew there was such a thing. I bought mine about 5.5 years ago when they first came out and not many people knew about them.

Now I just use it for home protection. Put a laser sight on the rail and it has trijicon night sights and a hogue grip...it is sweet for sure.

A buddy of mine has a Kimber compact .45. It is actually pretty concealable and has 6 shots, all around pretty good gun and accurate.

Most days something like this - braun buffel wallet (stuffed with about a fiver), keys to flat, keys to bike, swiss army knife (one of the ones with a LED torch and a ball point pen - best pen knife ever), (ubiquitous where I work) iPhone, Pilot capless pen, and a watch.

post-8435-126014104729_thumb.jpg

Most days something like this - braun buffel wallet (stuffed with about a fiver), keys to flat, keys to bike, swiss army knife (one of the ones with a LED torch and a ball point pen - best pen knife ever), (ubiquitous where I work) iPhone, Pilot capless pen, and a watch.

I spy with my little eye, my favorite UK banknote :tu:

• 1 month later...

I WISH I could get a gun.... In Norway they are impossible to get, and if you do there is a LOAD of papers you have to have, and no one is allowed to carry it on his/her person at ANY time...

And I really really want a Walther P99 :(

post-21269-125994260618_thumb.jpg

post-21269-125994253439_thumb.jpg

I live in Norway, and yes if you go by official channels it's a lot of red tape and high prices, but then again so is purchasing a gen Rolex.

After a "squabble" with some yugosalves that had strong feelings about us paying them extra rent, there was a clear need to get armed. It took the whole of 45 minutes to get hold of two .22 cal semi-automatic with 100 live rounds. I've never understood those people who get hold of big guns likke .45. I got my gun because there was a clear danger of an armed conflict between me and these criminals. I don't want a gun that i'll be hesitant to fire in danger of killing somebody.

I'd post a picture, but there might be legal implications... :p

hence why I am building the .45 1911 I have pictured. Commander model so 4.25" barrel. They are nice to carry due to how slim they are. Bob-tail the frame and it is very well concealed.

Man, I should've come over here sooner. :D I've been building custom 1911s for years. Per your quoted comment above:

(Clickable)

th_IMG_1800.jpg

Gallery here: http://photobucket.com/anopsis_commander

Colt with parts from Wilson except for Ed Brown barrel. It's on an Essex frame because FedEx _lost_ the original. Looong story.

I live in Norway, and yes if you go by official channels it's a lot of red tape and high prices, but then again so is purchasing a gen Rolex.

After a "squabble" with some yugosalves that had strong feelings about us paying them extra rent, there was a clear need to get armed. It took the whole of 45 minutes to get hold of two .22 cal semi-automatic with 100 live rounds. I've never understood those people who get hold of big guns likke .45. I got my gun because there was a clear danger of an armed conflict between me and these criminals. I don't want a gun that i'll be hesitant to fire in danger of killing somebody.

I'd post a picture, but there might be legal implications... :p

I understand where you're coming from, but can I point out the naivety of this:

The SOLE purpose of a hand gun in a social situation is to STOP an armed aggressor. The reason for large cal pistol choice is that it has been proven time and again that .38/9mm stops around 50% of the time with a central body hit, .45 about 95%. (.22 ONLY STOPS with a positive hit around the orbital sockets area of the face)

Killing in the context of defence with a pistol is an irrelevance - the ability to STOP the opponent shooting you is the only criteria. Your pip squeak .22 shots may well kill your assailant .....Long after he's continued his pursuit of shooting you! By far the most common cal for domestic firearms deaths is the .22 believing it to magically not harbour lethality is utter stupidity. Sorry in the scenario you painted above you took all the risks: stepping outside the law (apparently), and the potential of killing...with very little of the stopping power that a "clear danger of an armed conflict" sorely requires

Man, I should've come over here sooner. :D I've been building custom 1911s for years. Per your quoted comment above:

(Clickable)

th_IMG_1800.jpg

Gallery here: http://photobucket.com/anopsis_commander

Colt with parts from Wilson except for Ed Brown barrel. It's on an Essex frame because FedEx _lost_ the original. Looong story.

A sensible and well engineered piece (though personally I prefer a deactivated - pinned down - grip safety)

A sensible and well engineered piece (though personally I prefer a deactivated - pinned down - grip safety).

The grip safety on my IPSC Limited racegun gun is pinned, but I have large hands so it's not really necessary.

To your other statements, let me say this as to why I carry a .45:

There were a handful of times when someone would come in to my store and after talking a bit they would show me a scar and say something like "Here's where I was shot with a .380ACP". No one EVER told me they had been shot with a .45; do you know why? Because those people are no longer around to talk about it! ;)

A customer of mine was a bouncer at a club 20 years ago, and carried a S&W .357 Mag. He tossed a wild drunk out one night and the patron waited in the parking lot until my friend got off work, and when he came out of the door the assailant shot him with a .22LR pistol. At that point my friend drew his Smith and dispatched his attacker. He was treated and released for the .22 wound.

True, we Americans like big things. Big cars with big engines, big guns, big boobs - wait, I guess that one is universal. :p

Ok, as to the original topic of this thread, here's all the stuff I carry daily. Man, I didn't realize I carry so much junk all the time!

Wilson Combat CQB

Josh Bulman custom sharkskin holster

Applegate-Fairbairn Combat Folder

iPhone

Wallet

Car key

LED tac light

and of course, the watch...

Breitling Avenger Skyland v3

I suppose I got in the habit of carrying the light and stuff when my gunstore was still open. Closing up at night and walking out the door into the dark with a large deposit makes you a little uneasy.

(Clickable)

th_IMG_3841.jpg