When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Post Of The Month - July Watch

Pugwash

Ooh, a package!

105774-25115.jpg

Ooh, some wrapping!

105774-25116.jpg

Ooh, two Silixbags!

105774-25117.jpg

Oh my!

105774-25118.jpg

A panerai 196!

105774-25119.jpg

A sight you never thought you'd see. Multiple PugPans.

105774-25120.jpg

Ok, on to the watch. The 196 is, let's be honest, a beast. You can hurt people with this one. Let's start with its size. Yes, it's big. It's actually the same size as a 111h, but it's got more presence. I believe that's due to the smaller numbers and more hands.

Unusually for a replica (maybe not unusual for a $650 replica - I wouldn't know) it has AR coating and decent lume. The strap is a deployment croc-a-like, but that's been replaced with one of my many 24mm Toscanas already. Maybe I'll go back to the MooCroc at some point, but you never know. The real 7753 is instantly visible by the fact the datewheel is in the right place at the right depth.

Not a lot to say, yet. I'll write an in-depth review of the watch once I've given it some wear. However, it's lovely and it's all mine. That I can say :D

Thanks to Silix-Prime and Replica Watch Group. This one will get some wrist time.

At the risk of sounding drab........................wear it well Puggy

I do hope the members appreciate all these things we do for them, the guy's in the Admin team positively champ at the bit over these watches but we know we will never hold one in our hands, still it does give us a few warm and fuzzies to be able to pass them to our deserving members. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As it never hurts to thank our sponsors I would once again like to thank Aspire and Silix for donating the past two PoM watches and remind everyone that Nanuq is sponsoring this Months PoM so get to it and make him laugh. :D

Ken

Nice one, it is a shame that they went to the different case on the 196 though

I keep hearing that, but i'm a recent Pam convert (despite 18months on RWG1 and .CC) and i can't see a difference.

Anyone want to enlighten me? I have a vague recollection it was something to do with the lugs?

Life is always a tradeoff. Although the case is lighter and the bezel seating and height are not as good relative to the gen this version does finally correct the 6 o'clock marker (too high on the old case version), has a much better crown and, as mentioned, it has AR. Very nice watch Pug. Enjoy your PAM's. Be forewarned the 7753's are addictive. :)