When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn U2 Fast Pictorial

lanikai

I'm submiting some fast pics..not macros ... I still am not back home.. so I did the best I could ..

If Bazz and the rest of the members versed on the Sinn could comment and feel free to add your genuine pics please..

Hope you enjoy viewing and thank you in advance..

L

The weight is very hefty on this rep.. the bezel ..feels very good on the clicks. the AR(double) is "good" on a scale from 1-10 I would say about a 7 .. using Chiefs AR as a 10..

the glaring tell of course is the cap @6, it is not that glaring unless your going to put your nose right up to it .. but the font is very close.. the dial is clean no dust or lume dust showing..

I have the lume charging so that will have to be saved for a later time..

The metal appears titanium but the wieght say's otherwise.

sinnu2010.jpg

A hint of AR

sinnu2009.jpg

I can live with it (capsule).. but chefcook already accomplished the fix.. so .. it can be done.

sinnu2008.jpg

The case back is not as thin as the makers pics show it to be..it was probably just the angle of the shot.

sinnu2012.jpg

I hope the shadows depict the position of the crown

sinnu2006.jpg

sinnu2007.jpg

sinnu2001.jpg

Case Back

sinnu2014.jpg

Clasp

view the area that needs to be cut to size the bracelet.. the rubber strap is thick and well done.

sinnu2018.jpg

sinnu2016.jpg

In closing.. I am happy with this purchase .. it's made very well although a few flaws can be over looked due to the quality of the work and price.. they are working on getting the price down..

Again,.. thank you for viewing..

sinnu2003.jpg

A~C

Lani

Thanks Lani....allways enjoy your reviews (if long or short, macros or not).

This can be on my list now.....I still need a "playing-watch", a daily-beater to use while swimming or gras trimming.

Plan to get the B&R PVD chrono one day :whistling: but maybe I switch over to this one....should I wait?

Theo

P.S.: I am missing a wrist-shot....please post one!

P.P.S.: I could hardly see the black "Made in GERMANY"....but is the black circeled "Ar" printed beside the 9 o´clock postion???

Thanks Lani....allways enjoy your reviews (if long or short, macros or not).

This can be on my list now.....I still need a "playing-watch", a daily-beater to use while swimming or gras trimming.

Plan to get the B&R PVD chrono one day :whistling: but maybe I switch over to this one....should I wait?

Theo

P.S.: I am missing a wrist-shot....please post one!

P.P.S.: I could hardly see the black "Made in GERMANY"....but is the black circeled "Ar" printed beside the 9 o

Dear Lani how is the size compared to the APROO.

Best Regards.

The ROO is, or at least appears larger on the wrist due to the case and bezel..and added to that is the bracelet..

the Sinn rep. is a fraction of a mm under 44 the genuine is 44mm so the difference will, or is not noticable.. I did not post any wrist shots.. I have yet to cut down and size the rubber strap..Again, it is a heavy watch as is the genuine..

I'll see if I can get a side by side with the ROO sometime this week..

L

The ROO is, or at least appears larger on the wrist due to the case and bezel..and added to that is the bracelet..

the Sinn rep. is a fraction of a mm under 44 the genuine is 44mm so the difference will, or is not noticable.. I did not post any wrist shots.. I have yet to cut down and size the rubber strap..Again, it is a heavy watch as is the genuine..

I'll see if I can get a side by side with the ROO sometime this week..

L

Thank you Lani i would appreciate that very much.

That may be a flaw, too. The gen crystal is about 1mm domed.

It "appears" flat.. but I am having a hard time judging this one.. at times in light it appears to be a fraction of a mm domed and at times I read it to be flat.. so We'll wait until you recieve yours and then report ... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

A~C

L

take a ruler, place it on top of the crystal... know what I mean? ;)

BTW: Maybe we're coming to Hawaii next year. Time for a little GTG!

OK.. I put a straight blade on it.. it appears to be flat..

copy on the Hawaiian vacation.. looking forward to you coming to the islands !!

L

So now we know it: The flat crystal is the reason for the rep being thinner than the gen.

Somehow I have the strange desire to get the Sinn U2 rep right instead of simply buying a gen. Even if it involves similar money. Stupid Chefcook. The rep $240, an ETA 2893-2 $220, The Zigmeister lumework ca $150 (dunno actually) ... hm. Waiting for an updated rep crystal or trying to get a genuine crystal, that is the question a nutter somewhere in the black forrest is losing his sleep over.

Good review Lani! Its looks like a solid piece , and that clasp looks decent too.

However, can you elaborate on what the corners cut were? Was it down to finishing or fit?

looking forward to getting mine this week :victory:

Not sure I understand your question..

if you are referring the strap being cut down to size.. the pins need to be removed from the clasp.. then the rubber strap needs to be cut at each end then reattached to the clasp.. don't try and cut it all off at once if your not 100% sure of how much of the strap you need removed to fit your wrist..

I would take 2 or 3 sections off from each end and my wrist is about 7.5" give or take ... according to my diet..

....hehe

what i meant was: you mentioned that the factory may have scrimped here and there

to make this a cheap rep? At least I think that is what you said?

"In closing.. I am happy with this purchase .. it's made very well although a few flaws can be over looked due to the quality of the work and price.. they are working on getting the price down.."

I wanted to know what the flaws were, apart from the dot @ six and what was already mentioned in this thread?

cheers