When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Completed watches are arrived. Modifiaction MBW AP Jumbo

Rolexfinder

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi paul,

first off, thanks for the update :victory:

quick question re: the screws. does the genuine have white gold or polished stainless steel screws for this particular model? i know earlier versions of the royal oak had white gold screws, but to be honest i haven't taken the time to determine whether or not the mbw version (or rather, the version coinciding with the more accurate caseback you are making) should have white gold or ss screws.

thanks in advance ;)

deltatahoe

it would be nice if they could put a little more effort in getting the slots in the screwheads centered and straight.. as long as they are crooked and all there is no point in discussing if one should use whitegold or polished stainless steel..

also the bezel is not installed correct but thats not a big problem unless the screws strip. the brush should be straight from top to bottom. :)

Hello,

@ deltatahoe : The original screws are white gold screws. In order to make it close, he try to use coated on the screws such a palladium but, in the end of result, the SS screws can be the answer to use in this project. :)

@ Tom: Your concern was the thing I did talk with him since the first place already. :) As I told you, I will do my best to get it more accurate as possible. FYI, the sample bezel did not in correct position because he did put it the watch case for us to see the screws only, this one he can do it for us properly.

Cheers,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, thanks. As we're talking about an accurate caseback, would it probably be possible to get continous serial # on the backside? Just a thought and a wish cause it's Xmas.

What do you think? Could a factory manage this? I have a PAM111, a Portuguese and a F.A.Jones, and all have the "117" serial number. Must be a very special figure in the chinese culture..

J

12/31/2009,

IMG_2939.jpg

IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

Guys,

Here is the pics of caseback. Better letter with better layout. :) Moreover, the screw on the front bezel is adjusted as well.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Guys,

As per this topic: MBW AP RO JUmbo, we have discussed about how to make this model close to Gen.

I went to talk with the maker of this model, he said minimum order of 30 pieces and he will fix the 2 major flaws for us which is:

1) Gold Screws to be White Gold Plated Screws.

2) Solid case back

Price for group buy is only $330 + shipping to your country. The dial's color available to choose is

1) Black

2) White

3) Blue

4) Grey (probably)

So far there are 6 people in the queue:

1) Rolexfinder

2) aanival

3) archibald

4) Sql_pl

5) Chrischy

6) exper

Let me know if anyone of you want to join for this group buy as well.

Cheers,

Paul

:D Great News Rolexfinder... Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Hi paul, perfect to hear that. But the thing i do not understand: What does it mean "there are 6 people in the queue" - what about the rest? thought there were more than 20 members joining the group buy?

When do we hear about the shipping costs? When to pay the rest of the money/difference to the $330?

Best, J

thanks for the update paul :victory:

i'll let the more seasoned AP experts comment on how it looks (i'm just along for the ride on this one) :)

@joerg, i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure paul just added the picture to the top of his post -- the people listed below were the folks in on the project at the time of the original post (more joined over time).

deltatahoe