When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Completed watches are arrived. Modifiaction MBW AP Jumbo

Rolexfinder

Hi,

I realy like to see the PAM 24A :) come first

Funkystar

Thanks Craig for answer the question. As per talk with one fellow, there is a high chance that I can do the dial 1:1 for us. However, let me finish this project first. :) for The logo, we are able to fix it in the future.

Moreover, I just got gen Pam 24A and Deep Sea from the market as I want to replica them out. Which one you think I should do first?

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

Cheers,

Pau

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if Paul is gonna create a new AP (with a big logo) please tell me and i will immediately send my payment.

thanks

Hi Elenuccia,

This project that Paul is overseeing is to replace the MBK (superior case finishing) Royal Oak's Caseback and bezel screws. If you want to see the MBK dial, check the second post he made on this thread. Caseback will be changed out to solid, and screws will be replaced with rhodium plated yellow gold to match gen.

If the AP logo on this project is too small for your tastes, I expect his next one, which will focus solely on the dial, will address it. Put the products of both projects together and you end up with the most accurate AP RO outside of gen out there.

I'm sure Paul will correct me if I have misspoken in any capacity.

Hope that helps.

-P-

Paul et al,

Thought I would check in to see the status of this, as I shall be on vacation all next week.

Have you received, or when do you expect to receive the sample from the Factory? Once received, what are your planned next steps?

Earlier in this thread, you stated you felt it would not be any issue to have the watches ready and sent out by year's end. Do you still feel this is a likelihood?

Kind Regards,

-P-

Hi guys, it has been a while

My friend has the original AP Jumbo. This watch has the most beautiful caseback ever, and I am not sure if it was ever produced in solid steel back. In all cases, if it were, I would suggest we duplicate one in Quartz since the back is hidden, has no second hand and it will be more accurate and trouble free and above all we could make it slimmer (like the original). As for the dial, I would suggest we agree on which year model we want, because if we are replicating the 1973 model than the dial is different from earelier models (AP logo on the bottom and not at 12). Also, what we need to focus on is the size of the 8 scews that need to be smaller than the replica available (at andrew) with smooth edges in white gold.

However, wanting to take part of what you are doing, I will order one in WHITE. Please let me know what should I do next (deposit...etc)

Regards/

My friend has the original AP Jumbo. This watch has the most beautiful caseback ever, and I am not sure if it was ever produced in solid steel back. In all cases, if it were, I would suggest we duplicate one in Quartz since the back is hidden, has no second hand and it will be more accurate and trouble free and above all we could make it slimmer (like the original).

I would be in on a quartz version. It is strange that it hasn't been done ages ago....

Let's us start step by step, mate. As I am new in group buy, I want to try to do the model that we already have in the market which we can modify to make in better than it be. As we concern that MBW AP is what we should start from.

I do want to do what you guys suggest me as well. If I succeed in this project and get demand enough to build the new model that does not exist in replica market yet, I am sure I will make it to be true definitely.

Moreover, here is what are we waiting for, mate. :) The sample bezel that send from my supplier.

From what did he do modify to us, at the first sight, MBW did the great job on the screws. However, what I did concern about is his craftsmanship in installing those screws to the bezel. Some are in the proper position but some dont. This is the first concern I did state to him since the first place. He will do it more careful for the finish product. Moreover, He did not use palladium because its shine will fade quite quick after you use it for a while. So the good polished is a choice.

For the case back, he will send me the sample within the end of this month. I will let you know the progress and am sure we will get it before new year. :)

Best to you all.

Cheers,

Paul

Sample bezel on the watch.

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg