When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gunny is THE MAN...

projectologist

When I saw this strap combined with this watch, there was absolutely no question that I had to posses it. Gunny has done his homework with his new MI Series. Having gen strap samples helped as well. Combine those ingredients with his obvious talent and you have vintage 1:1.

Also note in the close up, he has done the correct single piece of leather, skived, folded into 3 layers and stitched. Most makers opt out for 2 pieces, which is easier but not accurate.

Another nice touch are the bits of paint between the strap lugs. Back in the day when the leather in this area would blacken with use it was often touched up with paint, trying to match the leather as best they could. With time it would wear off some and eventually look exactly as Gunny has done it.

photo6152i.jpg

photo6152h.jpg

photo6152g.jpg

It is FLAWLESS! I always loved his MI1 and MI2 projects. But to see it in action with a gorgeous watch is a real treat... It is pricey at first glance, but when you consider the research, time, talent and attention to detail it is a BARGAIN. You would have to have a time machine to get a nicer example! Thanks so much for making my day!