When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to tell?

spider87

You all know the place, you walk in there's a few foreigners behind the counter discount tags on everything and just cases and cases of watches of brands like seiko and invicta(sp?) And all of the mid range. My question is, what's the best way to tell if this guy has reps without straight out asking him?

I'm goin to a shop later like this and it seems like the perfect candidate and I'd just assume it was if I was anywhere but in the US.

So yea, how can I figure out if he sells reps?

Thanks guys,

Alex

You all know the place, you walk in there's a few foreigners behind the counter discount tags on everything and just cases and cases of watches of brands like seiko and invicta(sp?) And all of the mid range. My question is, what's the best way to tell if this guy has reps without straight out asking him?

I'm goin to a shop later like this and it seems like the perfect candidate and I'd just assume it was if I was anywhere but in the US.

Thanks guys,

Alex

When he comes over to ask you if he can be of assistance, say, "I'd really like a Rolex but I only have about $300.00 to spend..."

Edited by Packard

.. That seems a little too forward considering he sells mid range that would be like 'hey it's so obvious you have reps I'm going to disregard the fact that you only have visible midrange and accuse you of selling reps either way!'

Thanks guys,

Alex

yea=yay btw.

Stick with the known dealers here if you don't want to waste any time.

yea=yay btw.

Stick with the known dealers here if you don't want to waste any time.

+1...

a retailer would have to be very desperate.. or plain Dumb to risk selling reps in a certified shop.. by certified I mean he would risk loosing his brand accounts..

they would be better off selling reps on the net and keeping their shop "clean"..

and finally if such a store does exist .. I am sure the quality is not up to standards..

there were kiosks in Waikiki.. years ago that used to sell fake Rolex's from Korea.. in hidden parts of the "International Market Place".. with quartz movements.. :rolleyes:

A~C

Lani

A dealer once told me that the high end reps that people can buy from the forums and on the Internet don't represent even 0.1% of all replicas sold worldwide.

If he even HAS reps, what makes you think that guy has anything but the usual cheap crap for sale? Just curious.

A dealer once told me that the high end reps that people can buy from the forums and on the Internet don't represent even 0.1% of all replicas sold worldwide.

If he even HAS reps, what makes you think that guy has anything but the usual cheap crap for sale? Just curious.

Exactly correct. The dealers we know have all the reps anyone interested in high quality reps could want- and if they don't, it's because nobody has them... yet. Be patient and you'll get what you want.

Well said, By-Tor.