When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cleaning WM9 Sub and well water.

Submariner400

Hello everyone,

Well i started with the typical 150$ rep Sub, researched on here and found out how bad it was, then went through BK and got a WM9 V2 with his mods and im loving it. Im wearing it as a daily watch and really dont take it off, but where im living has well water that obviously after time will stain certain things. My toilet bowls will turn black after a couple of weeks and the white in my shower will stain a bit if not cleaned every month.

So it got me thinking, if im rinsing my watch or wearing it in the shower, overtime will it ruin the watch? The water doesnt seem to horrible here but its def. hard water.

How would you guys suggest cleaning it?

Thanks for the help.

Buy yourself a Cape Cod polishing cloth. That will remove any stains. As long as it dries off the hard water shouldn't hurt.

Don't you Yanks belive in rain water tanks? That's the std for off the water grid living here. Beats the hell out of bore water.

Col.

Mate! We don't trust rain water here! We think it sucks up all the junk in the air going up and carries all the junk in the air on the way down! :yuk::wounded1:

And then we're afraid we gonna all look like this two: :Jumpy::pardon:

Maybe buy a cheap ultrasonic cleaner to toss the band into and then clean case,etc., as described in earlier responses. I do that a couple times per year on any (rep or non rep cheapie) watch I wear daily as working in a machine shop causes all sort of grunge to get into every nook and cranny of the band.

Maybe buy a cheap ultrasonic cleaner to toss the band into and then clean case,etc., as described in earlier responses. I do that a couple times per year on any (rep or non rep cheapie) watch I wear daily as working in a machine shop causes all sort of grunge to get into every nook and cranny of the band.

I've been thinking about this but I'm not sure where to get one...

The toothpaste trick is also a great one, thanks for that, Hike! :thumbsupsmileyanim: