When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega SMP Chrono ~Chiefs AR

lanikai

I thought I'd revisit my SMP chrono with some new pics ~

I've had my SMP Chrono for sometime now.. the only mods I did at first were the red markings on the hands and swapped the crown and tube. the lume is great out of the box.. everything was GTG... but .....

I couldn't get around the reflection off the crystal.. It was quite irritating.. So I put it in my box and there it stayed for awhile... cause the Genuine SMP has no AR..

Then chief came out with his no "hue" (well very little hue) and I figured I'd give it a go..

Needless to say.. I was blown away at what the AR crystal does for the dial.. :shock:

Take a look~

omegasmpchrono008.jpg

omegasmpchrono009.jpg

omegasmpchrono001.jpg

omegasmpchrono006.jpg

omegasmpchrono007.jpg

omegasmpchrono016.jpg

omegasmpchrono013.jpg

AC

Lani

@ Lani - thanks - mine are slightly bigger so if it looks good on your wrist I guess it will not be too big for mine :)

@ krpster : Eww ! :yuk: LOL - I'd say that thing has bigger wrists than Lani's

I'm never concerned about wrist size vs. case size.. narrow or wide all the sizes will do.. even if you do have pudgy wrist.. no matter .. it's how you pull it off that counts.. and what "you" like that matters..

L

I'm never concerned about wrist size vs. case size.. narrow or wide all the sizes will do.. even if you do have pudgy wrist.. no matter .. it's how you pull it off that counts.. and what "you" like that matters..

L

Definitely agree its how you pull it off / wear a watch - but Im not so worried about that side of things, and more interested in my own preference. I tend to think some watches just "look too big". For example, I would never buy a Graham. A friend of mine has the standard SMP gen and its the mid-size one as he thought the 42mm version was too big. I know the chrono is chunkier due to its thickness, from what I have read. I still think it would be ok on me though as my pal had thinner wrists than you and I. :) I guess the proof will be in the pudding once I have saved enough to buy it.