When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Rarest Doxa

Nanuq

Gents, here is a huge opportunity. This is THE rarest Doxa, the Conquistador, the only one with a HEV like the Sea Dweller. This watch is the 3rd orange dialed Conq known to exist, and it's up for auction the next 7 hours or so.

SEVEN HOURS.

Current price is approx. $2,300 A steal. Read the details carefully, it requires local pickup. But still... a Conquistador?

Doxa Conquistador

Freddy, there's one "tell" that shows it's a Conquistador: the HEV at the 9:00 position. It's the only cushion case with a HEV. And it can't be cobbled onto a standard Sub 300T because there's no "meat" in the standard case to fit the HEV into. The guys over on the Site From Which I've Been Banned (SFWIBB) have seen the photos and it's not Granite's watch or Pete's so it's got to be Conquistador Professional #3.

Man, what a flippin' steal. It's a grand less than the last Black Lung went for!!!! :Jumpy:

Thanks Bike Mike! That's what makes this place great.

Seriously, someone here :whistling: needs to win this.

Not a problem. I am going to visit the Grand Traverse Distillery, which make some phenomenal Vodka! So if someone here wins the watch and is a vodka lover, I can send a bottle along if you want to pay for shipping.

http://www.grandtraversedistillery.com/

My $0.02. I don

Doxa is definitely not everyone's cuppa tea. But you should see the boys over on the SFWIBB wetting their panties over this thing.

I've got my two domed Sub 300s and this one is the "flat" Sub 300T which is very nice, but I have enough orange Doxas. Someone worthy (Lani) needs to buy (Lani) this piece. It's a verifiably RARE collector's (Lani) piece.

If real & legitmate, that is definitely quite a deal :) . But my gut tells me that this will turn out to have been more of a steal (by the seller) :( .

It has been my experience that real (honest) sellers post lots of good, clear pics in an effort to show as many of the details of their rare collectible as they can. Scammers, on the other hand, tend to post just a few small, dark or distant pics in an effort to obscure as many details as they can.

I get what you are saying, Nanuq, but I just do not get that warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy that ought to be there when confronted by a legitimate deal. If I had the cash & more confidence in this particular sale, I would be looking forward to adding this to my collection. But, in this case, I will be looking for more clues. :g:

An observation from one of the two gents I know who own Conquistadors:

"Must admit - this is fishy - note to bid you need to give credit card details that will be charged 20% of hammer price immediately - so a BIG FAT SCAM ???

There's another story similar to this appeared on another forum - WTB ads getting replies of "i have what you're after bla bla" - a guy just got stung for

well the auction has finally closed (at $3,905); oddly enough, it was supposed to close at 7:00 pm EST, but kept extending (10 minutes at a time).

the text saying "buyers premium is in effect for this auction" is also interesting (considering they don't state what the auctioneer's fees are).

in the end, i took myself out of the game on this one -- too many wierd things about it for me to take the risk. however, i did have a conversation with the owner, who was previously a diver. he of course bought this watch for his diving years ago. bad (expensive) decision on his part -- should have bought a comex....err, i mean rolex :animal_rooster:

i have a feeling this is the real mccoy and somebody (amzglass) just picked up a very rare watch. what do you guys think?

deltatahoe

Yes there is some strange behavior on this one for sure. But I called the ending price pretty close eh??

you sure did -- impressive. i wonder how much the buyer was willing to pay? imho he definitely had a value in excess of what it went for as his max bid.

deltatahoe

ps, take a peek back at my previous post (i just finished editing it).

pss, this review on the auctioneering company certainly didn't make me feel any safer :mellow:

Well in the end I think it's good none of us got tangled up in that mess of an auction house. It's just too much money to play those kinds of games!

The watch is a beauty. I'll see if it pops up on the SWFIBB. B)