When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD V5 Major flaws

hotbody77

Hello,

today i opened my dssd v5 gen eta to seal the hev.

then i found some major flaws i think.

1.the engraving between the lugs is Orlex design.

2.the spacer ring didn`t hold the movement in place. so it can move around a little bit.

3.i only got a one piece caseback. i thought the v5 must have a two piece caseback or not ?

Now i feel a little p.... off.

what do you think i should do?

i bought my dssd v5 from chris @ eurotimez.

Till now i thought this was the best out of box dssd.

and yes it has blue luminova. the general look of the watch is great.

the flaws can only be seen if i open the case once again. and i will not.

do you think i should contact chris to get a new one?

well it deppens.

If u ordered the V5 version, then YES....Hell yes! Contact him right away

From what Ive heard, Chris makes some QC...in your case obviously he didnt.

BUT I would be [censored]. Not to mention the time it will take for u to send it back, order new and get it in your hand. I think 1 - 1,5 month.

I will let u know how mine is when I get it.

And from what Ive learned here....Josh is the one to deal with. ALWAYS bought my watches from him.

PS: Is it possible to see some photos of your watch?

On most V5s, the spacer ring is different than the traditional spacer rings used on other watches. The screws in the ring are actually threaded and positioned so that they work opposite to others--in other words, tightening the screws will loosen the ring & movement inside the case. Loosening the screws by turning as if to unscrew them will actually tighten the movement against the inside of the case.

Try it & see if that helps.

Hi. I'm Helina, I handle the aftersales issues and returns at EuroTimez.

I can clearly see the flaws on your pictures and I am very, very sorry that this was not picked up in our QC that is usually very thoroughly performed (but this QC was not performed by Chris but, it was done by our China based staff). I will send you a mail within 2 seconds containing return instructions and we will replace your case!

And to all of you; please read about our new customer service in this link >

warmest regards

Helina

I don't believe this is the V5 you should have gotten, yours was shipped out from the UK, there might have been a mix-up from there. Our pieces only come with 2 piece casebacks... always... we dont order anything else (altho we did sell V3 before we had the v5, that was 5 months ago tho)... as you can see from our ORDERS online since we post pics...

ALL come with DARK (2 piece) caseback... your could be most likely a V3, I need pics from the front to see it otherwise I cannot verify.

from the colour that I can see that it is a 1 piece caseback! the colour is light-grey, where at the v5 it is not.. it's dark grey... something is wrong here and i need to fig out what and where it went wrong please write Helina and she will be in contact with us to sort our your issues.

About the ORLEX, we dont QC look inbetween every lug and check serial nrs..., as you can see from my QCchecklist or QC that we do... it does NOT include springbars, or pins, and neither ENGRAVINGS inside the lugs... this is because in order to do that, and that counts for every watch is that we have to take apart the strap for every single watch we sell, we sell hundreds a month and mostly it is not an issue there... So it is time consuming and in 99% cases waste of time, most clients dont care or even change their strap, or look in between the lugs... also stated in my policies is that we sell it AS it is, we cannot make it better or different then it comes from the factory... we can QC the movement and all thigns that shouldn't be, like dust in the dial, movemnt not functioning, checking the screws (which we also recently started doing on rolex watches) etc... However if it is bugging you we can have it replaced but i think the core problem is that you received something that is different from your initial order...

Please send us pic from the front and send that to Helina, eurotimezhelina@gmail.com she'll keep track of your case and work it out with me.

Chris

Checklist is below...

post-935-125439978092_thumb.png

post-935-125439980578_thumb.png

post-935-125439980013_thumb.png

Hotbody77

We have noted your case and will be sending you a new one. There must have been a mix up when it was passing UK as you can clearly see on the pictures on our homepage concerning your watch. You've seen the watch yourself, as you've approved of your watch, and we send you that exact watch, no doubt. So that must have been the only possible explanation I can give you. We have also already taken new pictures of the watch we'll be sending back. You can see your watch on our web store, www.eurotimez88.com and look at your order number "684 new". I've have unlocked the bracelet and taken pictures of the serial number for you to view as well.

I believe we already given you the return instruction details as well.. Just awaiting your tracking number and it will be shipped off right away..

Hope all is in the clear now, if any further questions you can ask me directly at eurotimezneo@gmail.com

Best to All,

Neo

Hotbody77,

Sorry to get back to you a bit late, yesterday our net was down all day.

You don't need to send up the bracelet, as that would be too much unnecessary weight. Please inform Helina, if you haven't done so already about the return tracking number of the case, and we'll send it to you. Yes it will first go to the UK, and then we'll pass it from there too you. Glad we've able to get your case resolved.

Update us when it has arrived!

ALL THE BEST!

Neo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi RWG Members,

i just wan´t to let you know what have happened till now.

I sent back my watch to china to eurotimez on 5th of october. i sent the trackingnumber to eurotimez. i sent my watch via reg. airmail.

Such shipping is approx. 5-7 days. today it´s the 19th!!! and nothing, absolutely nothing has happend. i even didn´t get pictures of my new watch!

getting in contact with the eurotimez staff is getting harder and harder. they answer my quesions, but they answer many days later.

the only thing that i knew is that the last contact says they will first have to get mine before they sent a new one!

You have to know something about me now:

i am collecting gen watches for years now.

short list:

Omega Seamaster Chronodiver from 2001

Rolex Yachtmaster Rolesium from 2006

Rolex Daytona white face from 2004

Rolex Submariner from 2006

Rolex Seadweller from 2005

Panerai Radiomir, etc.

I started thinking of buying the new gen rolex DSSD from my friend willi rothfuss(willi-rothfuss.de). He is a rolex dealer in germany,stuttgart and i get very good prices.

But if i saw the V5 from eurotimez i thought the watch looks even better than the gen. So i gave it a try.

my first order was placed,and it was about 640,- €.

That´s a lot of money for a first rep order.

I ordered a Breitling SOH, with box+papers, gen eta! When it arrived, the deployment clasp was broken.

I haven´t told this to eurotimez yet. I took the watch to my friend and let him open the case to proof the Gen ETA. It´s not!!!

Second watch ordered was the DSSD V5 gen eta. you know the problems i have with this watch.

I waited for over a month to get this lousy, crappy watches!

i think i ám a great customer, i pay my orders always the day when i receive the billing information. in my case these company doesn´t have to wait for there money.

so now i ask you:

Is this a normal behavior for a dealer called trustworthy?

I don´t think so. when my problem with the DSSD V5 is solved i surely never buy from eurotimez. That´s for sure.

regards

hotbody77

Edited by hotbody77