When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean Ultimate edition 45mm black / orange SS and rubber

glassreplica

Hi there, I am considering the UPO 45.5mm black with orange numerals and have read loads of the posts and By-Tors fantastic review / guide to the UPO. I would want to get this watch with both the SS clasp and also the black rubber strap as I can't make up my mind which would look best.

I actually have a gen omega seamaster which is starting to get a bit battered (damaged, not crispy as in fish n' chips) in daily use and want this as a second watch to wear at weekends and when I go swimming - and so it must be waterproof / water resistant.

Having read a load of the posts, I wanted to ask which dealer would be best given that I am in the UK and also what price I would expect to pay for the UPO with both straps? Any thoughts would be greatly welcomed. I have looked at the precious time website - ptswiss.com but there are no prices on there.

Also, is there anything I should look out for when getting this watch? I understand that this watch is the first rep to have the exacting screw in crown as the gen?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks - that is really useful information. In terms of the crown is that an easy replacement / could PT complete before shipping? Also, have you any experience with the quality of water-resistance of this watch as I want to wear it for sport and swimming? PT mentioned that for light shallow pool swimming it should be okay, but, not for the sea (I guess because of rougher salty water?). I would welcome any views on the standard water-resistance and also what would be required to improve the water resistance (assuming that is possible to do). Thanks again.

I'm pretty sure PT just gets the watch you want and cannot undertake mods prior to delivery.

This should see you right with regards to the tube and crown.

If you search for waterproofing there are plenty of good posts that show you what you can do to improve things.

Rolexman has done a good one using Narikka's Planet Ocean.

You gotta get it pressure tested after though, just to give yourself peace of mind.

Good Luck

Arniezac

Thanks - that is really useful information. In terms of the crown is that an easy replacement / could PT complete before shipping? Also, have you any experience with the quality of water-resistance of this watch as I want to wear it for sport and swimming? PT mentioned that for light shallow pool swimming it should be okay, but, not for the sea (I guess because of rougher salty water?). I would welcome any views on the standard water-resistance and also what would be required to improve the water resistance (assuming that is possible to do). Thanks again.

Saw a review on another site about a guy's UPO that he took to Iraq, it finally died on him after two years, but only the crown and tube, which he got repaired.

So far it has held up despite being down 100 or so feet during an active dive, lived through a 120mm rocket impact 25m away (what I think initially loosened the rotor), being bounced across concrete along with me after afrementioned impact, been knocked about inside a HMMWV on some of the worst roads in Iraq, made it through a sandstorm (13 SEP IVO Samarra) that got sand into places I wasn't aware existed on my body, withstood being on my wrist through 3 months of actions on drills, took recoil forces from 5,000+ rounds of .45 ACP hardball, a 220V shock and hours upon hours of 130+ degree heat.

Im also soon to buy the UPO.

although from looking on Eurotimez site, it apears they have what I would class as a potential UUPO

http://www.eurotimez88.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_31&products_id=3586&osCsid=e71a91b039a96251a0acb12d4b05039e

I have no idea what the difference would be in comparison to the normal UPO

http://www.eurotimez88.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_31&products_id=3151&osCsid=e71a91b039a96251a0acb12d4b05039e

Is the difference between the two really worth

Im also soon to buy the UPO.

although from looking on Eurotimez site, it apears they have what I would class as a potential UUPO

http://www.eurotimez88.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_31&products_id=3586&osCsid=e71a91b039a96251a0acb12d4b05039e

I have no idea what the difference would be in comparison to the normal UPO

http://www.eurotimez88.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_31&products_id=3151&osCsid=e71a91b039a96251a0acb12d4b05039e

Is the difference between the two really worth £40?

Also from what Eurotimez has said on here recently is that the typical waterbased watches Seamasters, superocean etc are ment to be water resistant for swimming in.

The more expensive of the two has the moddified movement to get better sub-dial spacing by the looks of it.

I suppose your paying for extra coggidge ( I thing I've just invented a new word) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I don't know about anybody else, but when I see UPO I automatically think of a non chrono Planet Ocean. I'd hate to think someone might order the wrong rep because of getting the name wrong.

Ahh ok, I'll compare the two rep & gen to see what the difference is. If most associate the UPO with the non-chrono then would that potentially mean this is up to the UPO standards albiet in chrono format?

If so I think it could be something a little different but still a heavy hitter like the SOSF chrono

These are my franken UPO's.. both are genuine dials .. gen. crown/tube .. the "Punpkin" has Chiefs AR coating the black and white dial has the genuine crystal.. both have studio lights beamed directly at the dials.. chiefs is way better wuality for 60 usd.. the genuine cost 200 usd.. and has a hue to the reflective broadband..

Ofrei offers the genuine Omega parts.. you can go nutz with the UPO as far as genuine parts.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

dsc0027li1.jpg

AC

lani