When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex No-Date Sub 14060 @ ETZ!

redwatch

I know there were a few people mentioning wishing there was a good rep of the 14060. I was just browsing through the 245 new items at eurotimez and they have a pretty nice looking no-date sub listed there on page 14 of the new arrivals section.

Comments? Case looks decent but the dial seems off to me. There is no COSC certification (or is that only on the 14060m?). Font looks weird to me as well, but there isn't a good straight on picture of the dial yet.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an older version a 2004 model if i'm not mistaken, this doesn't contain the Rolex Rolex on the Rehaut. As in the link below with a GEN rolex doesn't have either.

http://www.beckertime.com/items/item.aspx?itemid=11406533

However the lug holes should have been in there. This isn't a very good copy for a "no date" model.

A better solution for a good quality "no date" model by having this euromariner V3 have the dial replaced for a "no date" one and placing a Clark cystal glass on it and having a watch material pearl placed on it. The magnifier can go off of course. We can discuss this with MBK and have a correct dial made, although we might need some help with that as we don't have a GEN in hands.

Any suggestions are very welcome, please email to me. thx :drinks:

post-25096-125466000899_thumb.jpg

post-25096-12546600289_thumb.jpg

post-25096-125466015008_thumb.jpg

This is an older version a 2004 model if i'm not mistaken, this doesn't contain the Rolex Rolex on the Rehaut. As in the link below with a GEN rolex doesn't have either.

However the lug holes should have been in there. This isn't a very good copy for a "no date" model.

A better solution for a good quality "no date" model by having this euromariner V3 have the dial replaced for a "no date" one and placing a Clark cystal glass on it and having a watch material pearl placed on it. The magnifier can go off of course. We can discuss this with MBK and have a correct dial made, although we might need some help with that as we don't have a GEN in hands.

-Do the V3 got the correct high crown position?

-The differences in 14060 with and without rehault engraving model is only in engraving presence or not.

About lugholes,

I can get them from a 'watch case' factory here around.

My problems is to find one 'correct' case base and on right dial.

I'd buy one even tho I own a date sub, and I think a lot of people here would as well.

try and get some samples made without the engraving and we can assess it.

Would you guys use CAD or just let MBK take care of it?

in a pinch a v3 case with lugholes a clarks no date crystal and proper dial and proper hollow endlinks would probably work as well.

build one.

A few key points.

Forum members chime in: I think most would prefer the simpler NON-COSC dial. (i.e. minus the Superlative Chrono Officially Certified text). The extra text IMHO takes away from a sleek, simple time piece.

So--

1.) Lug holes a must! (preferably correct size for 2mm springbars)

2.) Non-COSC Dial (or BOTH as an option)

3.) Obviously a non-Cyclops crystal.

Pics of NON-COSC: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

14060nca.jpg14060nc1.jpg

Pics of COSC:

14060m3.jpg

I think the Euromariner V3 would be a better base than the Noobmariner case, the difference in case and build is huge.

The Euromariner has 1:1 construction, so gen bezel assembly, aftermarket or gen parts will fit (some may or may not need mods) also the feeling is way better. The noobmariner when you turn the bezel and the glass is a bit low and has the etched crown at 6 oclock (i believe the gen didn't had it back in the day), while the Euromariner when replaced with an aftermarket CLARK crystal won't have it there.

The lugholes might need to be slightly larger, we can put an hollowmidlink, with non-SEL links 93150 bracelet on there... just we need help with creating a perfect dial... if any expert(s) want to start this project with us -to create a dial-, we can discuss in private and i'm most definate we can work things out that will benifit the person involved and the whole community.

We mostly got everything just the dial would make it perfect. I'm not sure about the crown height, but it should be about correct, a gen movement would fit in there if that is your question I believe it was done by an rolex expert and modder, Stilty ... or and he placed and ETA 2892 in there, it was a while ago but he reported to me that it fits.

Please let me know if enough people are interested :)

when you use a normal 16610 case for an 14060 rep -

you will run in some trouble ;)

remember - 14060 is not just a Sub without a date :)

it would be nice if somebody finally CNCs a 14060 case and makes it right .....

cheers,

Frank