When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which movement is this?

mbjoer

Well, I can't believe they'd put that movement with this dial but here it is:

It's described as a PATEK PHILIPPE GENEVE SS AUTOMATIC WHITE 003 the dial is clearly silver, it's a manual wind movement and the page shows pics of a Patek ring too so it's possible that the pictures are all mixed up. I'd check with King before actually ordering it. Furthermore, the carving shown on that movement is leaps ahead of what I've seen on any rep movment costing $255. Either that's not the movement you'll get or chinese tech has advanced greatly. Also, it looks like a Unitas movement so you should expect the case to be at least 42mm.

http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=161

1192290723974004774.jpg

1192291021181014384.jpg

Edited by wombat247

@ wombat: Agree, the dial is not my favourite. However caseback and in particular movement are very nice. So perhaps worth it asking if the dial/caseback pics have been mixed here.

But looking closely I doubt it.

@ fxr: What is your wife's watch?

Actually, the movement design looks like "Minute Repeater" (aka a chime watch) to me. You might want to ask the dealer if this watch has a chime function.

If this is working repeater, I've got to get one, because real Minute Repeaters cost upwards of 20K. This appears to be a highly engraved one.

Check this link out and tell me if that doesn't look suspiciously like a repeater.

Minute Repeater

gold-swiss-audemars-piguet-minute-repeater-antique-pocket-watch.jpgvacheron-constantin-platinum-les-cabinotiers-skeleton-watch.jpg

Actually, the movement design looks like "Minute Repeater" (aka a chime watch) to me. You might want to ask the dealer if this watch has a chime function.

If this is working repeater, I've got to get one, because real Minute Repeaters cost upwards of 20K. This appears to be a highly engraved one.

Check this link out and tell me if that doesn't look suspiciously like a repeater.

Minute Repeater

gold-swiss-audemars-piguet-minute-repeater-antique-pocket-watch.jpgvacheron-constantin-platinum-les-cabinotiers-skeleton-watch.jpg

The movement above is NOT a repeater, i wish it was also