When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Important info about gen DSSD

dalayclass

Hello everybody,

Today I had lunch with my friend who is also official Rolex watch repairer and he gave me interesting info about the DSSD. First of all some have rust problem but Rolex tries to hide that story and, second but not the least, Rolex will soon lunch a mark 2 Deep Sea with a bigger band and so, slightly modify the case...

That means, actual DSSD will be very rare in the future as they will be modified and produced only two years. Contact your banks!!!

Other info, tudor is already lunching models with ceramic on the band so as to be a Rolex lab, that means future Rolex models will have ceramic mid links

Best regards

As with all Rolex rumors, especially those that come 2nd-hand, I would take this with a huge grain of salt & keep your money in the bank until/unless you hear something official.

Stainless steel (on a modern watch) rusting? :g:

Yeah SS can not rust, corrode yes but rust in the traditions sense with red rust no. If there is rust on the surface of SS it means that the surface has iron particles imbeded in it and it is the iron rusting not the SS. If Rolex was having a problem with rusting on their watches than they must be using sub standard SS to make their expensive watches.

In a rep I would not put it past the SS to have iron particles imbeded in it, in a $5K Rolex which uses this magical SS that our reps do not match and people can tell the difference from across the room how can that be?

Hello everybody,

Today I had lunch with my friend who is also official Rolex watch repairer and he gave me interesting info about the DSSD. First of all some have rust problem but Rolex tries to hide that story and, second but not the least, Rolex will soon lunch a mark 2 Deep Sea with a bigger band and so, slightly modify the case...

That means, actual DSSD will be very rare in the future as they will be modified and produced only two years. Contact your banks!!!

Other info, tudor is already lunching models with ceramic on the band so as to be a Rolex lab, that means future Rolex models will have ceramic mid links

Best regards

Interesting news indeed :) There's been a rep of the DSSD with ceramic mid-links for a while now :)

product-img--Rolex-Sea-Dweller-Deepsea-With-Swiss-ETA-Structure-Authentic-Ceramic-Strap--32682--2v.jpg