When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chanel J12 Q's

sagat1977

I am thinking of purchasing a Chanel J12 watch for my girlfriend and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with the different types and quality on offer. There appears to be 3 different types of ceramic offered: standard full ceramic - on the quartz version; "scratch resistant" ceramic on the automatic version; and Korean extra hard ceramic on the "ultimate" version.

I would prefer a quartz movement and definitely don't want the extra bling that comes with the "Ultimate" but am I worried that will leave me with the weakest quality of ceramic. I don't want my Girlfriend embarrassed by one which is easily recognized from 3ft.

Any help in this matter would be MUCH appreciated. I need to pull the trigger before her Bday which is looming faster by the day :-S

Regards.

The 38mm I bought off the trading forum here. My wife ended up smacking it against something and she cracked the case.

The 33mm was purchased from King, who took very good care of me on the purchase :)

Both have/had Miyota Quartz movements. Perfect for a girl, as there's no worry of ever having the PR run out and having to reset it.

i've got the 'medium' grade mens J12. the ceramic used is pretty nice but there are some real annoying quality issues with mine.

- date wheel flicks quite a bit when you move the watch around.

- bezel does not align (but thats like 99% of replicas). the bezel is also a little loose.

- the way its built is weird (theres a thread showing what the build is like). removing the bracelet is easy, but putting it back on i had to dismantle the watch. you can probably do it without dismantling but you will be spending hours of swearing every profanity you know at the watch.

- this one is nit picking, but the clasp is kind of long (i think the genuine is a little shorter). because of this the bracelet sits quite square on a skinny wrist.

i wear it quite often, and so far there hasn't been any scratches on the ceramic yet. the shine is just as brilliant as when i first got it.

Edited by pezzy

• 1 month later...

I'm on my 3rd Chanel J12. The first purchased from Joshua years ago when these first came out so it was way off. The 2nd from king which was okay but way too expensive and the language barrier was too much to bear ever again. My 3rd which I have now has been the best, not perfect as they don't exist, but damm close. I posted my purchase review under WKO (wackobirdkeeper).

To ME, the only flaw I notice is the bezel. Specifically, the 'teeth' on the outer bezel. The genuine has wider set teeth and is not curved on the edge. Also, the little diamonds on the bezel: the genuine's diamonds are round and set close, the replica's CZs are set farther apart and look 'square'ish' up close. (they look round on the replica watch in the photo but they look square'sh in person)

A side note, if anyone watches the Bravo reality show "Real housewives of orange county" you will see ALL the housewives wear one, real of course becuase one of them was swimming with it. Gretchen, Lynn and the new housewife Alexa wear theirs all the time, the others some of the time. Owning that watch must be a 'prerequisite' to living in orange county.

J12 on left is genuine, right replica.

post-8922-125890151336_thumb.jpg

post-8922-125890155412_thumb.jpg

Edited by cubancurl

I've purchased 4 J12's for my wife - 2 black and 2 white and one each with diamond bezels. I bought these from Nanikaa for less than $100 delivered for each and have had them for almost 3 years. My wife wears them everyday (particular the 2 with diamond bezels) and they show no sign of wear. We bought the quartz version of the chronograph and they have performed quite well. We are very pleased.

how's the "diamonds" on them, do they look fake or would it really take someone who knows about gems to figure that out?

I just picked up a J12 for my wife and I have to remove some links from the band. It has very unusual pins and I'm not sure how to remove them. Can someone given some insight? Thanks