When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think I caught the bug

grew

Just picked up a 229 and love it. It has tremendous wrist presence and that dial is amazing! Here are a couple pics.

PAM1.jpg

PAM2.jpg

GEN

Gen229.jpg

My only little nitpick(its a tiny issue) is the date cyclops IMO isn't quite good enough here's a video showing what I mean its just not quite perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYkENchJtlY

Do you guys know of a better crystal out there? The Cartel is advertising an improved Crystal and cyclops on their new Ultimate models (104,229 etc..) but Is it an improvement from this? BTW it is in a DSN case.

Congrats on the piece!!! The cyclops being weak and the font being thin are always the gripes of the PAMs in general...but, regardless, they are still great pieces.

Nice shots as well...and glad to see the forum has helped pick a piece and that you're sharing your experience and pics!!

Now scratch that itch and get more!!

That is a very nice looking watch there, the CG and the crown are very nice as well. Can i ask where it came from ?

ST4

It is a T48 crown and CG is standard DSN CG pin was flattened and polished.

Watch case and dial is from DSN

Still would like to do the Hot Glue Mod or something to that effect to get rid of a little CG wobble.

Lume is very respectable and I think I can deal with it for awhile. If i manage to get a better crystal I'll probably send it out to on of the masters to do their lume magic.

• 2 weeks later...