When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I finally got a watch

Guest OrenG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs2Yme8C6JA

^ half assed review by me.

The Bulova Minute Repeater

Grand Complication Features

* Minute Repeater Function: Chimes the exact time at the touch of a button

* Perpetual Calendar: Shows the correct day and date for every month, even during leap year

* Date Hand

* Day of the Week Subdial

* Month Subdial

* Years from Leap Year Dial

* 2nd Time Zone Capable

* Three (3) Alarms including a 2nd time zone alarm

* 24 Hour Subdial

* Water Resistant

* Scratch Resistant Mineral Glass Crystal

* All Stainless Steel Case

* Genuine Leather Strap

DIMENSIONS:

* Diameter: 37 millimeters (40 millimeters with Crown)

* Depth: (thickness)11 millimeters

Praise the Lord.. Allah... Buddha.. and all the 12 dwarfs... :Jumpy:

you finally got a friggin watch ... after 1000 and 1 questions about all the others you were going to get..

and btw nice pic .. with the camera you said you didn't have to take a pic of your El Camino :lol:

Live Strong and Wear it Well..

so does mean we get a break from the Q's...??? jus wondering.. -_-

AC

lani

I hope not, I wanted to see the "skin cells" :rofl: Best part of the video. :D Mike (ps) Just having some fun Oren, It looks to be a very nice watch. I hope you enjoy It for years to come. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I did have the case back cleaned, however the repairman only cleaned between the gasket and the lip of the case back. The alarm sound holes and the edge of the case are still caked with filth. I can't help but think it was partially my fault for not saying something after I inspected the watch after the cleaning. The problem with cleaning the alarm holes is the fact that the piezo element is a single piece of metal adhered with a sticker to the back case. If I remove the sticker there may be no hope of reattaching it and rendering the repeater function useless. The sticker has a small hole that allows a pin extending from the movement to touch the piezo element.

Other then that I can see nothing more to do to the watch apart from cosmetic fixes. Such as polishing the case and removing scratches and dents, removing the almost perfect mineral crystal and replacing it with a sapphire crystal. Finding a new crown since the existing one has a dent dead center on the top and a small chunk missing from the side, and luming the dial and hands. Plus I'd like to polish the whole band.

Edited by OrenG

Cracks and crevices :g: could be useful :D Mike

It looks interesting, however I don't know if it can reach into the alarm holes and under the piezoelectric element.

Edited by OrenG

I'm surprised your video has not had any comments or ratings :animal_rooster:

It's not really a popular topic on youtube, most people just watch and leave, I think that's better then those who say "I want (insert video length here) minutes of my life back."