When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Polishing Breits

wimpie007

I was surprised that he was using metal tweezers to hold it in the polisher. Sure looked like it had some serious serrations for grip too. I guess that's where the polishers "skill and dexterity" come in. :p

Not sure how true to life that video is. If you watch the movement servicing clip you'll notice that the guy begins disassembling the movement without de-casing it. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that would be the first thing you do?

Not sure how true to life that video is. If you watch the movement servicing clip you'll notice that the guy begins disassembling the movement without de-casing it. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that would be the first thing you do?

The movement was removed. Is that the over engineered movement holder you are seeing? :drinks:

• 3 weeks later...

So is the first video what happens with a basic service, and the second video combined with the first what happens when you get a complete overhaul? My breit is in great condition, but I would like the movement serviced pretty well. Any info would be nice, thanks guys.

So is the first video what happens with a basic service, and the second video combined with the first what happens when you get a complete overhaul? My breit is in great condition, but I would like the movement serviced pretty well. Any info would be nice, thanks guys.

There is no "service" options with Breitling. Anytime your watch goes to them for ANY reason, it gets cleaned and polished. So if your movement needs a overhaul, your watch will get the works from Breitling.

I had a 3 month old SOSF that was running out of COSC spec. Had it sent to Breitling, came back 2 weeks later running like a top and had been freshly cleaned & polished like it was new. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Also got a nice Breitling logoed travel case and polishing cloth! Breitlings service is amazing.

I suggest taking the watch to your AD and let them send it to Breilting. If you purchased it from them, they will more then likely wave the $50 shipping fee (Cost for shipping w/ insurance to BUSA).

:drinks: