When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Omega Speedmaster 20th Anniversary

Guest HaloArchive

Coolio?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is it coolio?

• Super Yes! I want to get one now!
    • Yes! But, I already have my own!

Guest HaloArchive

Hello All,

I am just so happy right now that I bought this. I saw someone list it and, it was an immediate connection. I can tell that this one will be staying for a while :)

It is an 80's Speedy in near pristine condition. Cal 861, bracelet 1479 with 812 endlinks. It is the 20th anniversary edition and is within the rarer first 1000/2000 watches out of the series that does not have the Appolo text on the side along with the number. It has just the number. It has the long p and r :) The movement is actually running +/- .75 s/d which is incredible for the speedy; vintage or modern. The crystal is original; even with the imprinted flat feet Omega logo in the center of the acrylic. It is just gorgeous!

Anyways, enough with the talk and on to the pictures; please excuse the crappyness but, I am very excited and couldnt wait!

1008674.jpg

1008676.jpg

1008678.jpg

1008679.jpg

1008680.jpg

1008682.jpg

1008683.jpg

1008685.jpg

1008687.jpg

1008688v.jpg

Cheers~

HA

Welcome to the club...another beautiful example, that is for sure! I also just acquired a Speedmaster (http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/106013-genuine-omega-speedmasters-won-or-purchased-d/page__view__findpost__p__735243__fromsearch__1), albeit a little newer, a 2000 cal, 1863. I love it, can't keep my eyes off of it! Congrats on the acquisition! Lani had it right...a bunch of Moony's have hit RWG as of late!

Guest HaloArchive

Thanks all for the kind words :)

@ TTR;

Yes, it is just the beginning of some of his not well known harder pieces :D If ou want to see harder; trust me, there is more; this is where I am at now for my warm-ups :) If you would like copies of it; let me know!

-Cheers,

HA

• 3 months later...

Wow. Where did you happen upon this one? I've been looking for a 20th Anniv off and on for about 6 months, and am still waiting to find one. I actually purchased one and returned it to the owner after it arrived with scratches on the dial face about six months ago. Very hard to do, and heart breaking. For what it's worth, this particular speedy did come with a 1450 bracelet in 1989. But of course, it looks good with the 1479 also!

Anyhow, very nice piece and congrats!

Simply one of the most beautiful, simple, almost "icy" chronographs in the whole history (not only of horology, but of human kind...). I'm a happy owner of a recent (cal. 1863) Speedmaster from 2000, and love it every day, even if I don't wear it that much. I simply love looking at it (am I going insane?) :rolleyes:

Edited by elepaolo