When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DSSD ordered today

moggy

Hi Moggy ~ I see you're new to this Hobby, so let me tell you that it'll be a month before you see this watch ... just so you know. Many people freak out because they are used to "express mail" and next day delivery ... well this is China and things take a long time. It's part of the whole experience so just relax and try not to flip out while you wait!

Well, after reading all the reviews on here I ordered a v5 DSSD from Eurotimez today. I've also requested the Swiss ETA movement to be fitted and I can hardly wait until it arrives. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

B) Bob.

Hi Moggy ~ I see you're new to this Hobby, so let me tell you that it'll be a month before you see this watch ... just so you know. Many people freak out because they are used to "express mail" and next day delivery ... well this is China and things take a long time. It's part of the whole experience so just relax and try not to flip out while you wait!

Hey moggy, [edit]Don't sweat it. It's actually a good thing that Jkay's not setting you up for disappointment. His post might sound pessimistic, but if you keep in the back of your mind that it will take a month, it'll be a pleasant surprise for you if it arrives beforehand! Personally speaking, it's never taken me a month for a watch.. Several months ago I happened to get my Blacksteel from Angus in a record 5 days from the time of ordering. But then again, there's plenty of people that have waited a month or even longer for their beloved piece. The best thing you can do is try to preoccupy yourself while it's in the mail.. and then post really great pictures once you get it! Enjoy!

No probs guys, I've received replicas from other dealers a lot sooner but given the faults they've had I would have preferred it if the dealer had taken longer and checked the watch thoroughly before sending. That's one of the reasons I've bought from Chris plus of course the glowing endorsements for this DSSD here and on other forums. :victory:

8) Bob.

Hey moggy, Don't worry sweat it. It's actually a good thing that Jkay's not setting you up for disappointment. His post might sound pessimistic

That wasn't my intention :) I have 4 reps now, and literally have never received a *new* rep in less than 1 month LOLOL!! (the used POrikaa I purchased from a forum member arrived in a week but that's different)

Just sharing my actual experience .. not pessimism.

That wasn't my intention :) I have 4 reps now, and literally have never received a *new* rep in less than 1 month LOLOL!! (the used POrikaa I purchased from a forum member arrived in a week but that's different)

Just sharing my actual experience .. not pessimism.

Mistook pessimism for the matter-of-fact tone I perceived in your original post. But I can't deny that i've been lucky. The longest a watch has taken to arrive to me has been 17 days. My last watch having arrived in only 5! (have 2 arriving today!) yippeeeee