When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hamilton 917 movement in 111 44mm

nicewatchdude

Cool, like that dial! I think brass is coming in style you know, more and more...

To answer your question, The approach taken on this project was dis-assembly, grinding the edge of the base plate around the edges to fit and smoothing it,

servicing, and reassembly. Seems to be a common procedure with the 917, but as with all mods, the sky is the limit on options. If you had a machine shop you

could probably grind out the case too, but not certain.

Also added a new main spring as well, a new white alloy that came pre-greased. Runs nice now.

Very cool bro... I love the Ti/brass contrast! Did the movement drop right in? Pardon my ignorance... I have a similar type dial with the weathered brass look.

015-46.jpg

very cool i just bought hamilton 900 movt. and i hope to get a cool custom watch like that :)

Yes! I'm working on one too. Bought it on the bay....movement by itself. Have dis-assembled, ground

in the base plate to fit a 47mm fiddy case, reassembled and serviced. Now I'm trying to figure out if

I want to get the key to work, or try to get a stem to replace the key.

IMG_1192.jpg