When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sunday W/C

TeeJay

I couldn't stand the failed woody dial any more, so I built wood dial v1.3...

DSCN2498.jpg

DSCN2494.jpg

The primary inspiration, was the black-dialled 'mystery', which Freddy sports on occasion. My aim was for a dress watch, and I have to admit, I think I've wound up with something which, while definitely elegant enough to be a dress watch, could also actually see daily wear without being too over the top, as darkening the dial has definitely made the presidential bracelet appear less 'blingy'...

I'm still going build a v2.0 which will have hour markers, as I have to be honest, a dial without them just doesn't satisfy my slightly OCD need to be able to tell the precise time. Sure, it gives an estimate, but I like a bit more precision... Still, it'll provide me with a wearable dress watch until the time that I can build the replacement dial :)

Of course, other than that, the Tudor is still firmly attached :)

Yah got wood TJ !!.. looks great ma brotha !!!

switched the look of my Ubi Franken 9411 for Sunday.. still my Fav..

I've got wood at last :tu: Not quite what I'd originally had in mind, but hey, sometimes the unexpected can be good as well :)

That's three snowflakes (well, two and a half :lol: ) in a row, I wonder what'll be next :good:

Cool, TeeJay, looks quite "snappy"! :good: Maybe put a stick-marker or something at 9:00 to make it look a tad more balanced... Maybe I should send you this "incorrect" DSSD dial for you to rob the "maxi markers" from, whaddya think?

Cool, TeeJay, looks quite "snappy"! :good: Maybe put a stick-marker or something at 9:00 to make it look a tad more balanced... Maybe I should send you this "incorrect" DSSD dial for you to rob the "maxi markers" from, whaddya think?

Thanks, bro :drinks: I was debating with the idea of the 9 marker as well, and actually test-placed the marker to evaluate it. It does balance the datewindow, but it also detracts from the 'blankness' of the 'mystery' dial. While I prefer full markers for time-keeping, adding the 9 still wouldn't provide a full set, so it really only takes away the 'blankness', which is what gives the 'mystery' dials their appeal.

I'm good for maxi markers at the moment, but if you'd be interested in a woody-conversion, just let me know :)

I'm wearing a watch that has been lying in my parts-box for almost two years. I originally bought this one from Maciek as a black dial version and after two months, the movement died. A few months ago, I had the chance to buy a serviced A7750 sec@6 from The Zigmeister. My favorite dealer (PT) go me new hands and a white dial and Domi (Grazie!) assembled everything.

I'm wearing a watch that has been lying in my parts-box for almost two years. I originally bought this one from Maciek as a black dial version and after two months, the movement died. A few months ago, I had the chance to buy a serviced A7750 sec@6 from The Zigmeister. My favorite dealer (PT) go me new hands and a white dial and Domi (Grazie!) assembled everything.