When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wednesday Hump Day W>C

lanikai

Nice graphite aged insert Freddy! Is that a new addition?

'Graphite aged'? Nah. 100% Gen (bezel, insert & tritium pearl) & naturally-aged. That leaves the dial & middle case as the remaining aftermarket parts in my double red beater. And when I track down gen replacements of either of those, I may then have to consider insuring the watch (as a gen 1665). ;)

Ubi - Looks like a perfect day to work at home.

Nice Tj

Superb shot TJ!

Mucho gracias, amigos :drinks: None too bad for an iPhone cam pic, if I say so myself, it was just an idea I had while we were in the car this afternoon :) All I've done is flip it in photoshop, and added the border and text :)

That's an iPhone pic??? Wow! I'm very impressed now!

Thanks, and yes :) I was resting my elbow on the door, with my fist under my chin, to form a tripod of sorts for my other hand, which was holding the phone, so all nice and stable :)

5e7c5440.jpg

Custom :) Very nice :victory:

HikeRad for me today to Hump it:

pamradhike.jpg

That's fantastic, bro, what was the source of the dial?

that would make a lot of snowcones (shave ice) :D strawberry with azuki beans and ice cream for me... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Those were taken earlier today; we've got quite a lot more since then (14" where I am), and they're forecasting double that by tomorrow.

The crazy thing is it's supposed to be back into the 60's by Sun/Mon...

:g:

HikeRad=SuperBad

@vlydog.....................Thanks!

That's fantastic, bro, what was the source of the dial?

#TJ......thanks Amigo! From a spare dial I got from another Getat project! A little bit of torture seems to work on the dial~

I just removed it from the case and movement to work on it a little bit more!

Those were taken earlier today; we've got quite a lot more since then (14" where I am), and they're forecasting double that by tomorrow.

The crazy thing is it's supposed to be back into the 60's by Sun/Mon...

:g:

@ubi! Wow! Too early! What part of the Mile High are you? If I come out this summer for my annual fourteener trek and whitewater rafting (Royal Gorge), I'll PM you!

Cheers!

Hike

Lovin' this one on the Kevlar strap Ubi!

Vly-

Thanks, buddy. I was rather surprised to find out that I like it as well! The Portu is a pretty dressy watch, but the TWB ribbed for her pleasure adds a nice sporty feel to the watch while still maintaining some elegance :) So far, it's my preferred for the cheapie straps!

@ubi! Wow! Too early! What part of the Mile High are you? If I come out this summer for my annual fourteener trek and whitewater rafting (Royal Gorge), I'll PM you!

Hike- I'm Denver Metro, so a ways out from the Gorge. None the less, let me know when you're out! :)

I thought that only happened in New England Ubi good.gif

Indeed... Our saying here is if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes :) Mother nature changes her mind more than my sister in law- And that's saying a lot! :lol:

'Graphite aged'? Nah. 100% Gen (bezel, insert & tritium pearl) & naturally-aged. That leaves the dial & middle case as the remaining aftermarket parts in my double red beater. And when I track down gen replacements of either of those, I may then have to consider insuring the watch (as a gen 1665). ;)

Ubi - Looks like a perfect day to work at home.

Graphite color I meant, I knew it was gen. ;):) Only one way an insert gets that color and still have some gloss to the finish and that's with time and wear.

#TJ......thanks Amigo! From a spare dial I got from another Getat project! A little bit of torture seems to work on the dial~

I just removed it from the case and movement to work on it a little bit more!

Cheers!

Hike

Any time, bro :) I've always quite liked the look of the California dial, but never really felt the mix of Arabic and Roman numerals... That looks awesome though :good: