When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT dial: Yukiwatch or MBK?

omegaunit

I am looking to buy a GMT dial for a project I am working on. Aside from a gen dial which seems to be very expensive, here are two alternatives I have come across:

MBK GMT dial sells for $65.00 + $15 for shipping

http://www.eurotimez88.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_185&products_id=2227&osCsid=a6924f34fa21adbc7b17b92d34f852d9

Yukiwatch Rolex GMT Master ref.1675 Gloss dial with hand set sells for $135.00 shipping included.

http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6380817/6991109.htm

Anyone purchase either of these dials? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

here's one pic of the genuine

thumbnailasp.jpg

here's ND trading vintage gilt.. I'd like to start this project one day.. :wub: but 600 usd for the dial alone..

dialgmt6542.jpg

ND's more accurate with their dials.. but pricey.. are you looking at vintage ??.. I guess it would depend on your budget??

I have a dail incoming from Yuki's ,.. MBK is good for the price ... the dial from Yukis.. is made for the genuine movement.. you need to cut the feet and glue the dial in place..don't know about the size as opposed to the case your using ??..

AC

Lani

Unless you are going for a super picky, as perfect as possible Franken I have a couple of typical rep quality GMT Master II dials that I will probably never use. If you think you can use one you're welcome to it.

Never mind, I just looked at your links and realize you are looking for vintage... Offer still stands if you want to convert a "spare Sub" into a Master II...

post-24124-125719162137_thumb.jpg

post-24124-125719163401_thumb.jpg

can I assume you are either a yuki or viet case? The reason I asked is that gen dial will not fit the rep case (being smaller in diameter).

Flex

I agree with Flex on this, but I just got to thinking that if the MBK dial is in the 28mm range w/ eta feet, it might be a great swap in one of the vintage rep cases for a GMT. This would give you a vintage GMT w/ a better dial (i.e. no 'DATE' in the Oyster Perpetual- a big downfall of all of the vintage GMT reps) like this one from Trusty:

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_11&products_id=307&zenid=a439979b9e72bdb79130e1f8889311e0

Also, does MBK make a vintage GMT? With that dial it would be nice.

The problem with Yuki and NDT stuff is you almost have to go w/ the 1575GMT movement or you're taking a chance trying to fit an eta in the case- will it work??? Could be an expensive lesson.

Thanks for the info, guys!

@jmb:

Thanks for the offer. I am focusing on the vintage Gmt for now.

So the best bet would be the MBK dial then, I kinda like the price as well!

I am having a go at modding a vintage GMT rep case.

So far I have drilled the lug holes for 2mm spring bars.

Machined the bezel that came with rep and installed an aftermarket bezel(bezel insert snaps on instead of being glued on)

I still have to machine the case to accept an aftermarket crystal. It currently sits too high. The rep came with a domed crystal that was glued on and didn't look right.

Omegaunit,

If you're using the same rep 1675 I'm thinking of it wouldn't fit a gen dial anyhow, the gen dial is too small and goes right through the opening. I learned the hard way. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your project and keep us posted on the progress!

Omegaunit,

If you're using the same rep 1675 I'm thinking of it wouldn't fit a gen dial anyhow, the gen dial is too small and goes right through the opening. I learned the hard way. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your project and keep us posted on the progress!

Yes, it is the same case that you used. Gen Rolex dial is around 27mm and the rep case is meant to accept a 29mm dial. The opening in the case is about .5mm to big so yeah it goes through! :angry:<_<