When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eurotimez New DSSD V5

hotbody77

If this were the best version, you'd think they'd include a shot of the He valve, not doing so concerns me. Quite often the wrong one is installed which is the version with the thicker outer ring. Unless they can show the He valve, I'd hold off on this. Maybe someone else has purchased one and has a shot, I haven't searched the forum to see if one has been posted...

Today i got an email from eurotimez helina about the new v5:

On the new DSSDv5 the pearl has been upgraded into an even better one and further improvements has been made on the bezel as well.

We will have her available with GEN ETA, COPY ETA, DG2813 or the unique option of a DG4813 movement..

You will be hearing a lot about this on the forums in the close future..

For those having trouble finding it on their page:

1-13.jpg

2-7.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-10.jpg

5-3.jpg

11-3.jpg

6-4.jpg

10-2.jpg

8-4.jpg

7-5.jpg

Appears to be true-to-form gen-like construction on the bezel & inner rings--better than anything I've seen so far. Crystal looks more like gen/V3, case-back shape is 100% accurate on both counts, crowns & tubes look good, case construction looks good, now all that's left to judge for how much of an improvement will be made over previous releases will be the HEV, the dial, and the SEL/lug fit (which should be fine considering the only one they really screwed up on was the V4's SELs).

Again; I'm dying to see this completed ASAP...

Hi Gioarmani,

Where did you find it on ET' page?

I am clicking a lot, but i can't find it.

Tnx.

E.

On the home page there is a section "New Watches 2009" within the flash box, then go to "new V5", the pictures should be there, there are more pages accessible on the top of the box.

Hope that helps,

Luke

Guest techlogik

When I questioned them about V5's slanted print on the dial..they responded that they were going to talk with MBW/MBK soon regarding making a DSSD. Here is what they said "However, Chris is in contact now with MBW/MBK and they have been discussing on making a DSSDv5 as well."

So, this might be the one they are talking about and getting parts of it out in the wild...hopefully the dial, which is one of the major problems on v5 from Euro. The ultimate from other cartels is very crisp, straight and nice looking.

Hopefully Eurotimez will get with the better manufacturer and get one of the best reps of this finally done.

After looking at Gio's photos and very comprehensive review, as well as thinkbachs great pictorial on the genuine DSSD, I've pretty well decided that I'm going to spring for one of these V5's. I'm going to get the ETA 2824 engine with it, not because I need to spend the extra 85 bucks, but I have a bunch of Dive watches with ETA 2824's and they are pretty darn bulletproof, plus if they break, parts are readily available.

Let's face it, reps are getting really, really good, but they aren't perfect. If the rep manufacturers had the CAD programs from Rolex to feed into their machines and were truly able to produce 1:1 in every dimension, them they would be perfect. Of course, then folks would have no need to constantly upgrade watches every time a new "version' hit the market.We would only need to buy another when a totally new model was introduced, such as the Deep Sea replacinig the "conventional" Seadweller.Great for us, but not for the dealers.

Considering I bought my first reps about 25 years ago when the Rolex Reps were all quartz, and the Gold plating practically washed off the first time you cleaned the watch! And Forget water resistant. Probably about as watertight as a window screen. I've gone through a lot of the later stuff. Daytonas, DRSD's 1680's, etc. None of them were anywhere close to the V5 in accuracy "out of the Box". I spent tons of money on modding cases, crystals, Crowns, tubes,Bracelets, redials, Etc,etc., just as most of you folks here have done as well. Buy a MBW 1680 for 350.00 and 1000.00 later you have a pretty good rep, but not perfect.Lots of time spent, lots of money and the ever present risk of losing your watch to customs every time it was sent to someone out of your country for work.I sort of soured on reps for a while, mainly because every time I got a project finished, I felt like I needed to start planning another one. Usually this meant selling one to start another. I don't know what the price penalty is now for used modded watches, but in 2007, if you spent 1000.00 getting a 1680 "almost" perfect, you were lucky to get 600.00 when you sold it.I thought my wife was going to have me committed!! She thought I was totally crazy, which I probably am. A little older and maybe not quite so crazy, I'm looking for something that can be worn "out the box". Not to say that I wouldn't let my friend The Zigmeister do a quality relume, pressure test and clean and oil the movement, but that's the extent of what I want to have to do. I want to be able to wear and enjoy, not have it sitting in my watch box waiting on parts, or off to the watchmaker for months waiting to be worked on.

By the way it's good to be back here. Lots of new names , but a whole lot of the old members are still around. Quite a knowledgable group.

Just my dos centavos

Arthur

Hi there,

Anyone knows more about this new V5? Obviously, the bezel insert has been updated, according to the pictures on the site.

Maybe the HeV and the crystal too, as they are present on some pics...What are the little screws we can see on some pics?

See you!

Guest techlogik

I just got an email back from Eurotimez since I have had a dialogue about these for sometime regarding issues they have with the current V5.

Here is his response:

"No these are the upgraded version from China.. The MBK version are still in progress.. I'm actually really looking forward to see it on the market as well.. I'll get more information from Chris tomorrow, I'll let you know about all of the upgrades if you have more questions.. just let me know.. thx"

So it appears the current V5 has had some changes/upgrades to it. This is apparently what you would get in addition to the normal V5 parts they already have. I would be careful, and ensure you get straight on photos of the dial of the watch they are going to send you if ordering one. That way you can tell if you are getting one of the batch of slanted print on the dials or not.

Otherwise, it should be a better version of the V5...

A Response from EuroTimez on another thread "NEW MEMBER SAYS HELLO- DSSD V5 From EUROTIMEZ" Just down the page a ways, seems to answer some of the questions posed here, and some that concerned me. Namely, the confusion with labeling "Best, Ultimate, Upgraded" Etc,on the Eurotimez review of the DSSDv5. It's one their home page .

The flash player pull down menu

All must understand as well that the new upgrades just came out on the market for only 3 - 4 now. We've already ordered a couple dssd v5s for a couple customers that were just asking for the DSSDv5 on our web page, not aware that we've ordered the latest version for them. I will let Chris change the pictures on our web page to the new updated version, or we will make add it to our web page. I've got some pictures of the updated version in one piece. will attach the pictures on here.

a little sneak peak on how it looks like. Give us your ideas about the watch. You can see more pix on our website at www.eurotimez88.com >> New Watches 2009 >> New V5

you can also see all the upgrades (parts) of DSSDv5.

post-25096-125766559534_thumb.jpg

post-25096-12576656219_thumb.jpg

post-25096-125766565942_thumb.jpg

All must understand as well that the new upgrades just came out on the market for only 3 - 4 now. We've already ordered a couple dssd v5s for a couple customers that were just asking for the DSSDv5 on our web page, not aware that we've ordered the latest version for them. I will let Chris change the pictures on our web page to the new updated version, or we will make add it to our web page. I've got some pictures of the updated version in one piece. will attach the pictures on here.

a little sneak peak on how it looks like. Give us your ideas about the watch. You can see more pix on our website at www.eurotimez88.com >> New Watches 2009 >> New V5

I couldn't find it. Did a search for "New V5" and got this response... "No products exist in this category." The anticipation is killin' me. :(

Edit: Found a link on the top bar labeled "New Watches," went to page 19 where the other Rolex's can be found in alphabetical order but didn't find it there yet either.

I couldn't find it. Did a search for "New V5" and got this response... "No products exist in this category." The anticipation is killin' me. :(

Did you check on our HOMEPAGE WEBSITE? :whistling: It's on the XML file, you have to wait a bit until it loads.

www.eurotimez88.com >> New Watches 2009 >> New V5 Everything should be in there... Try again and let me know if it works. If it still doesn't work send me a PM with your email add, then i'll send you some pix directly..

Did you check on our HOMEPAGE WEBSITE? :whistling: It's on the XML file, you have to wait a bit until it loads.

www.eurotimez88.com >> New Watches 2009 >> New V5 Everything should be in there... Try again and let me know if it works. If it still doesn't work send me a PM with your email add, then i'll send you some pix directly..

When is this VERY LAST one going to be available?,thanx.

Hi Neo, for order it? I'm interested but on the site there is still the old version.

OK, I found it. I've actually seen this a few days ago. I guess I was looking for an actual page that showed a layout similar to the other watches rather than a slide show. From what I can see, it's the best DSSD, period. I've been looking at these for a long time, and have a V3 that has the correct HEV. It'll be nice to get one that finally meets our expectations. Thanks for the follow-up to my post Neo.

Neo

Just sent an email to you direct

Thanks

@ICARO36 and MAHLER

This one is already available. If ordering the DSSD v5 we will get you the latest upgraded version, regardless of the photos on our website. The upgrades you can see on our website at www.eurotimez88.com >> New Watches 2009 >> New V5.

Sorry for not changing the pix yet, we just have been a bit stressed for time due to lots of travel and weren't able to have our web design change it. However you can see the upgrades as mentioned above.

@ ThinkBachs

No problem, glad I could be there to assist you.

@ PeteM

If you send me a mail to me directly i should answer it with the next 24hrs, if not please resend it as i might have not received it. thx

If anybody else has more questions please let me know...