When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Avenger: Gen dial vs Rep

importr

Guys

I received a new Super Avenger yesterday...rep of course. What a fabulous watch, an absolute monster too!

It is the previous Black dialled model with Arabics and silver eyes.

I've ordered a gen dial (the same type) from DC.

What are the tells between gen and rep? So far the only thing I can see is

1) Lume blobs - flatter on the gen

Well, that will be some feat then!

To me, the rep dial already looks to be very good quality! :D

Indeed, the rep's dial isn't bad except the raised markers. I am owning an SA V2 with a very nice dial with flat arabic numerals which is very close to the real deal. Sometimes you find reps with rounded numerals. I compared my watch to a gen and decided just to go for a lume job (C1 and flat markers).

Indeed, the rep's dial isn't bad except the raised markers. I am owning an SA V2 with a very nice dial with flat arabic numerals which is very close to the real deal. Sometimes you find reps with rounded numerals. I compared my watch to a gen and decided just to go for a lume job (C1 and flat markers).

For how much?

Well, i'll be picking up my gen arabic dial tonight... I can't wait to see the difference, guys! :)

Those gen baton dial are gorgeous, but I preferred the contrasting subs for my SA.

Plus the arabic dial was like, $100 cheaper to buy!

;)

So...here we go!

The dial I got is the latest 2009 SA dial, Volcano Black. Arabics in Stencilled effect. It is indeed very nice. My crappy rushed pics don't show the very subtle difference in definition and texture. Its like the difference between v1 Skyland dial and v2 Skyland dial. The v1 is better (apart from the lume blob & date window).

The rep dial is still very very good...but me being a compulsive tinkerer, I had to do the swap!

1764eb61.jpg

Then and Now

aafae22b.jpg

36eac473.jpg

Both dials are the same diameter and height

1e6aed84.jpg

d7041dfb.jpg

Printing on the rep is less defined as the on the gen....but only by comparison. If you just had the rep, you don't notice. The lume blobs give it away though.

d8d30eda.jpg

a7750 with correct DW

4b155044.jpg

ugly rep dial on left!

4b4abc1f.jpg

Hands set and ready for casing

dc5d7d71.jpg

Greased up ring-piece! By the way, the gen dial with movement is a perfect fit for the rep case!

50b73207.jpg

...and some more rushed pics!!

41d6e838.jpg

7b2629a8.jpg

Overall, I'm very happy with the gen dial. At first, when I opened up the packing to see it, I wasn't sure if I liked the stencils...but now I feel that its bang up to date, and it does away with any lume blob issues! Winner! :D

The watch looks good, I think that dial really makes a difference. But most of all I like that stencilling.

Great Job!

You made that swap look easy??

• 2 years later...