When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New to the forum and have some questions

Acelesson

Hi guys, a friend referred me to this site so I can get a little more "open minded" with replica watches. I own an authentic Omega Seamaster James Bond model, and now that I have been bit by the Omega bug, I want another one. Unfortunatly, I cannot justify the money to own two authentic models. My girlfriend wants to buy me my other favorite model in the replica form for Christmas. It is the Planet Ocean with rubber strap.

My question is what is the best place to buy these watches? Can you guys give me any references to good dealers?

Hi guys, a friend referred me to this site so I can get a little more "open minded" with replica watches. I own an authentic Omega Seamaster James Bond model, and now that I have been bit by the Omega bug, I want another one. Unfortunatly, I cannot justify the money to own two authentic models. My girlfriend wants to buy me my other favorite model in the replica form for Christmas. It is the Planet Ocean with rubber strap.

My question is what is the best place to buy these watches? Can you guys give me any references to good dealers?

Use the search feature regarding the watch you are looking for and visit the collector's forum to view our dealer's info.

Welcome and enjoy your new obsession.

If you own a gen and are interested in exploring the rep route...especially with the PO...you are in luck. The PO reps can be very good.

Go to the Omega section, and look for the guide to Omega reps. With the ETA movements, they are reliable, repairable with any watchmaker and can be made even better with the addition of genuine parts.

Also, read my Noob Guide linked in my signature to get you started on understanding reps, who to buy from, what to expect, how the forum works, etc.

Good luck and welcome to RWG. We hope you find this place more than just a one stop shop for information on a single watch...but the best community of watch nuts around...gen or rep!

Acelesson Acelesson Acelesson. Welcome. :)

click the little word "advanced" next to the search window on the upper right of the page. Much easier to search that way.

In the advanced search window, click the "search titles only" checkbox.

Search for things like "UPO" (stands for ultimate planet ocean) "omega PO" "seamaster" etc..

the planet ocean is of super-rep stature. That means they have some fantastic "fool your AD" quality reps. However, it is frowned upon to take these to, or try to fool, your AD.

Lots of rep discussion here. You will find most of us own both rep/gen and these boards are a lot less stiff than some of the other gen watch forums. Also, a lot more knowledge. ;)

Also depends on what the criteria is for a PO, as there are many different varieties.

You have cheap, low cost, high end, high cost, quartz, automatic, 42mm, 45mm, strap variations, etc. There are some that are good for modification with gen parts, and then there are some that are 'good enough' out of the box. Might be a good idea to narrow down exactly what you want, and we can help point you in the right direction based on your preference...

Also depends on what the criteria is for a PO, as there are many different varieties.

You have cheap, low cost, high end, high cost, quartz, automatic, 42mm, 45mm, strap variations, etc. There are some that are good for modification with gen parts, and then there are some that are 'good enough' out of the box. Might be a good idea to narrow down exactly what you want, and we can help point you in the right direction based on your preference...

This is a good point. For example, Ubi here, has a very high-end, "franken" (made from parts, both gen and rep), whereas I for example have the more budget Planet Ocean around, the POrikka. This watch is a 42mm version and runs approximately $115 to your door. Excellent beginner rep, a must have quite frankly. However, if you want it to be indistinguishable from a genuine, you are going to want to go Ubi's route. I'm sure he will post a few pics for you, it is truly stunning.

Here is My $100 POrikka. On rubber, bracelet, and leather deployant.

SDC12395.jpg

SDC12391.jpg

SDC12341.jpg

SDC12324.jpg

Pardon my tendancy to get wild with the exposure.

The Narikaa PO is a great value for the money. Excellent quality watch with great fit and finish for a very reasonable sum in exchange. Some small flaws and inaccuracies, but overall a very solid product. At this price point, it is very hard to beat!

If you're after a 45mm PO, you may want to search under uPO, which is an acronym for 'Ultimate Planet Ocean'. These are the top of the line for the 45mm, and are also a good starting point. Several members have modified their watches with gen parts; everything from crystals, dials, hands, crowns, tubes, etc. This is a watch you can expand upon.

The 42mm 4th generation is the model I chose- My wrists are not very large, so the smaller case wears more comfortably than the 45mm for me. The 4th generation has a good number of the small details correct, like size and placement of the He valve, correct case size, and the ability to accept gen parts. However, things like the dial, hands, bezel, etc are all candidates for improvement. With this in mind, I modified mine with genuine hands, dial, bezel complete, ETA 2892 datewheel, genuine bracelet, etc. The end product is a very accurate PO, but the cost at this point is encroaching on pre-owned gen territory. I cut my project off at the 60% mark of what gen would cost on the secondary market; any more than that, and I just can't justify the cost.

IMG_5466.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5680.jpg

IMG_5710.jpg

IMG_5488b.jpg

IMG_5533a.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

@P4- Thanks for the kind words buddy ;)

Cheers!

//ubi

You can start with this..

upogenrep013.jpg

and turn it into a "franken" UPO like this, gen. crystal, dial , tube/crown, hands

the tube/crown is a must for functionality.... all can be ordered form Ofrei, the genuine parts are very affordable compared to other genuine brands..

upogenrep012.jpg

upogenrep027.jpg

upogenrep026.jpg

The genuine double AR'd crystal is great.. but if you want to take it to another level without spending 200 usd for a genuine xtal.. chieftangs AR service here on RWG .. provides the best AR in the known universe for 50 usd.. seriously it is called the "invisible" crystal.. the genuine has more a blue hue ... from any angle with chiefs you willnot get a reflection off the crystal :thumbsupsmileyanim:

with gen. dial and chiefs treated AR coating..also gen tube/crown

upogenrep024.jpg

these are rep hands.. they are just as good as the genuine.. no need to replace them .. even the lume keeps up with the genuine.. but the hands are inexpensive if you choose to go gen.

upogenrep005.jpg

upogenrep019.jpg

The sky is really the limit to what you can do to your reps.. this hobby is never ending.. and everything you need to learn is right here.. :D

so start with a rep PO and build whatever you want out of it.. that's the beauty of this hobby.. if you choose to stay and learn from the members with the knowledge.. you will have fun,.. it will be much more rewarding than going into an AD and just throwing down money for a gen..

all you need is here on RWG .. and this is the best supporting community on the NET !!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Welcome .. if there is nything we can do to help .. just Holla ... B)

AC

Lani

http://watchwoot.com/magento/index.php/omega/omega-po-ultimate-eta-clone-black-with-orange-numbers.html

Is this what I should be looking for as a Starting point? They have the rubber band for an additional 40 dollars.

Definitely NOT!!! :nea: .. I would suggest staying with the dealers on this forum.. they are all trusted and you won't be scammed.. hundreds of scam sites out there.. that is the main reason for staying with our collectors.. go tot he "Watch Collectors" section and see the dealers there.. they are dealers for reps .. don

t ask why they are called "colectors" goes back a way in RWG history..

are you in Conus or EU ??

AC

Lani

Definitely NOT!!! :nea: .. I would suggest staying with the dealers on this forum.. they are all trusted and you won't be scammed.. hundreds of scam sites out there.. that is the main reason for staying with our collectors.. go tot he "Watch Collectors" section and see the dealers there.. they are dealers for reps .. don

AC

Lani

Thanks for the warning. I am CONUS. I will go and check out that subforum right now! :victory:

Thanks for the warning. I am CONUS. I will go and check out that subforum right now! :victory:

btw.. your safe from anything coming from Asia .. Our dealers are based in China.. but you don't have to worry.. as long as you don't order multiple watches of the same model (which raises red flags.. re: resale) .. you'll be fine.. let us know when you order, that way we can clue you in on the language that is used on the USPS tracking sight.. so you won't be a nervous wreck awaiting your cargo.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:.. after getting your EMS tracking # it usually tacks 3 day's for the package to leave China.. 4 day's after that you should have your prize !!

Good luck and Good hunting.. have fun,.. it's a wild obsession B)

AC

Lani

AC

Lani

AC

Lani

Thats D4M, Lani.

If you know where you got that link from, then you should know what to expect as far as not getting hand holding, tracking #'s etc. If you are ok with that, then that option should be viable. That is not a scam site.

As far as being "good enough" out of the box, is the Ultimate PO the way to go? I want an automatic 45MM on rubber. Also how is the water proofing on these?