When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gauging Interest: Custom Made Yacht-master Dials (16622)

ubiquitous

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dial prototype is in the works. I asked that the 'O' in ROLEX is done correctly (eliptical o.d. with round i.d.) and that the YACHT-MASTER font is nice and bold in a dark red font :)

Believe me.... As soon as I see something, you guys will know ^_^

How long do you think it will take him to complete the prototype? Not trying to bug you, just curious?

Also, do you think EL's version like you have or Trusty's new "perfect" version is a better way to go?

Well, to give an idea of time frame for the prototype development, my dial guy said it will take 15 to 20 days to have the sample ready. I will have a look at a picture of the dial first; I will probably post those images to the forum to get additional feedback if any is needed. If the sample/prototype looks visually okay, I will have him send me the sample to install in my watch, of which I will post some pics of so that everyone has an idea of how it will look installed.

As for quantity of dials produced... I wanted this to be a limited run as scaling this project to a high volume ordeal can come with it's fair share of headaches. However... I will do my best to work with my dial guy to try and accomodate all that are interested in this item.

With regards to which version of YM to go with... That is up to you guys. I myself went with the EL 16622 for two reasons- The case and the bezel. However, actual watch preference is up to each individual, as there are varying expectations amongst everyone here :)

Just a small and rather insignificant update-

Spoke with my dial guy and he is going over the layout of the font, the style, etc. I have stressed the importance of the shape of the coronet, the font used for ROLEX (emphasizing the semi-eliptical shaped O), the bold, dark red of the 'YACHT-MASTER' font, etc. I have asked about the possibility of SuperL; he will have to check pricing on that and will get back to me. My gut feeling is that he may not offer this due to cost exceeding his prior quote.

Hi Ubi,

As the hands will have to be relumed with SuperL anyway, I would be just as happy getting the dial without lume as I would getting it superlumed. To me, the price is not as important as whether I pay him extra for the SuperL or I pay someone else for it, either way, it will cost me :D

Thank you very much for the update.

Just a small and rather insignificant update-

Spoke with my dial guy and he is going over the layout of the font, the style, etc. I have stressed the importance of the shape of the coronet, the font used for ROLEX (emphasizing the semi-eliptical shaped O), the bold, dark red of the 'YACHT-MASTER' font, etc. I have asked about the possibility of SuperL; he will have to check pricing on that and will get back to me. My gut feeling is that he may not offer this due to cost exceeding his prior quote.

How many people here would pay more for superlume? Show of hands - I'd rather have it printed on, then hand-painted on. It'll look much better, and actually cost less.

If you end up printing more dials due to demand, the price should actually come down as there will be significant setup costs that will be mitigated over the number of dials printed.

Please consider Superlume!

Z