When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Speedmaster moon

polexpete

Hiya all

A couple of years back i brought a white dialed Broad Arrow rep with plexi glass which became a kind of grail watch for some and a favourite of our Speedy gurus Pugwash and By-Tor.

But the watch didn't do much for me and i wanted a moon watch with plexi glass so decided to make one out of the broad arrow.

Okay the steel bezel is incorrect but there are version out there with it and i acually prefer it, especially on a black leather strap.

Its powered by the trusty Seagull manual wind with a gen Moonwatch back and a Bob leather strap with Omega deployment and of course the fabled domed plexi. Enjoy...

speedy6.jpg

SPEEDY1.jpg

speedy4.jpg

speedy2.jpg

speedy5.jpg

Cheers

P.

...........i wanted a moon watch ...........which became a kind of grail watch for some

I've taken you out of context, but I couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Love your watch, the gen caseback is a great touch.

I've said it everywhere here lately and I'm going to say it until someone takes notice; there is a modified 7750 tri-compax movement secs @ 9 and tighter subdial spacing past the 'proto-type' phase that these Speedy's could use.

For heaven's sake screw all the various Rolex vintages that are so rare only the Sultan of Brunie and JoJo35 will ever own and get going on a correct MOON WATCH! 1665? Get real.

Fair play, you've done a nice job there and you haven't even mentioned the "sub dial" fix at six. I didn't have the balls to fix mine, so got Sir Zigmeister to do it. It really makes a difference.

Looks great. Love the caseback. I'm actually torn on it...as the movement is so beautiful it should be on display even though it's technically not accurate.

As to fixing the subdial...I have a tutorial on doing it linked in my signature...check it out.

I've said it everywhere here lately and I'm going to say it until someone takes notice; there is a modified 7750 tri-compax movement secs @ 9 and tighter subdial spacing past the 'proto-type' phase that these Speedy's could use.

For heaven's sake screw all the various Rolex vintages that are so rare only the Sultan of Brunie and JoJo35 will ever own and get going on a correct MOON WATCH! 1665? Get real.

I have to agree... The watch, even accidentally, defined a momentous achievement in human history. It is visible in so many photos. It does deserve spcial attention. :clapping:

Looks great. Love the caseback. I'm actually torn on it...as the movement is so beautiful it should be on display even though it's technically not accurate.

As to fixing the subdial...I have a tutorial on doing it linked in my signature...check it out.

Thanks Toad.. actually i fixed the subdial but forgot to mention it, using your tutorial as a matter of fact, cheers :drinks:

P.

Looks good have you thought about some daufine hands to create the look of the early pre-moon speedys, with that bezel it would look gggggrrreat

Yeah a good idea Andy but finding hands to fit the seagull could be a problem, and i'd have to change the back, ouch!

• 2 weeks later...

Demsey, I couldn't agree more. Get this watch done right and I'll buy two! :)