When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling all UN Maxi Marine Diver and Chronometer owners

ubiquitous

How's the 23j Asian movement performing in these watches? Any issues or complaints thus far?

I'm curious to see how these fare for the long haul... And am finding myself intrigued by these... And tempted :)

Thoughts and opinions on these watches (movements, or as a whole) are appreciated! And of course... Pics if you have them!

:)

Cheers,

//ubi

I had one just sold. Kept good time on my winder for a while. I have a chopard gtxl with the power reserve movement that works quite well and keeps good time. I wear this watch often. Only difference is the PR is @ 6:00 and date is at 3. I have to assume it is the same movement with a different configuration.

so far so good...but i just got it from Pho a couple weeks ago...PR naturally increased while worn...secs run smooth and the watch keeps good time - but i don't have a method to nano-secondly time it...

i love the look of this watch and it wears great on the ss bracelet...reminds me of a Yachtmaster on steroids... :rolleyes:

R-

img4597.jpg

img4586c.jpg

img4571x.jpg

img4573n.jpg

img4574.jpg

I have 2 UN with such movements, but haven't worn them that much......darn too many watches! :black_eye:

Butr when I do, their PR indicator moves up pretty qucikly and seem to have good PR!

I also got jfreeman's Black Chopard wt PR and that also seems to be alright when I wore it once!

Sorry, I'm no help! I just don't know when I get around to wearing them.......and I don't ever use a winder! :whistling:

Hike

You and I both! Think it's that HI~CO connection at work again... More than just mere coincidence!

this is getting eerie to say the least.. :lol: .. and now K.. yikes .. I hope one of youz hits the lotto.. that would be cool

dang and I was going to push the button on the black one last night :shock:.. after not thinking the UN divers lived up to expectations when it was released.. so what's for lunch tomorrow ma man... :lol: nigiri or what.. ??

B)

I have the black one

Bild017.jpg

The fit, finish and quality feel is par with the UN MMD Chrono = Excellent!!

The movement has kept time great so far, and I know they put a lot of effort into getting the movement reliable.

Thats what kept them from releasing it for over 6 months. Only time will tell.

I had 3 LE the same from GZ recently, Mine is running fine although it doesn't get much wrist time. Gave one to a mate, who had probs with time keeping and PR. When opened, it was filthy......after a clean and oil and and timing, it has run like the proverbial! The 3rd one is with another mate, and I haven't heard any adverse comments.

Two out of 3 ain't bad!

O/S

Lani- Funny... When I woke this morning, I was indeed thinking that nigiri sounded good. Then again, it always sounds good! :lol:

Migge- That black dial looks killer! Very quality looking piece, which your photos capture well; you'd never know it was that good from dealer photos!

O/S- Thanks for your insight. Based on your comments, it sounds as though servicing, etc is no problem?

Thanks all for the input!

Cheers,

//ubi

• 2 weeks later...