When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw 1680

ubiquitous

Oh. Hey up. We have a smart [censored] newbie who knows everything afetr 3 posts :bangin:

Suggest you read up first on reps before making stupid comments :bangin:

having owned several genuine rolex since 1990 I think I know about the brand, as for stupid comments I suggest you think about your own maybe... smartarse probably... and i can understand the skills needed to create something of quality from possibly inferior components but to then buy genuine parts and fit them to a copy I find the concept hard to grasp, why not buy a genuine watch...?

bye its been interesting

gadget

Edited by Inspector Gadget

but to then buy genuine parts and fit them to a copy I find the concept hard to grasp, why not buy a genuine watch...?

Watch modding is not to everyone's taste. But neither is buying genuines. I started with genuines, and quickly got bored of them. But, there's not much to them. After all, anyone can walk into an AD, throw down ridiculous amounts of money, and have a nice gen, but where's the fun in that? Modding and building is far more interesting to me, and makes the hobby much more enjoyable.

But, I can't expect everyone to understand that.

Watch modding is not to everyone's taste. But neither is buying genuines. I started with genuines, and quickly got bored of them. But, there's not much to them. After all, anyone can walk into an AD, throw down ridiculous amounts of money, and have a nice gen, but where's the fun in that? Modding and building is far more interesting to me, and makes the hobby much more enjoyable.

But, I can't expect everyone to understand that.

Order a 1665 DRSD from george a few days ago. i am going to get mine in a week or 2 but i would like to know how much would it cost to make them as nice as yours are? and who would do such a job?

thanks

By-tor, why is it departed? how could you get rid of this puppy.

I loved it... but I never wore it. :( I sold it to a fellow member who takes good care of it I'm sure. And you know...the usual...I needed the cash to justify new purchases.

I only have the GMT now... but I might get a modern Sub or SeaDweller eventually. Perhaps the vintage wasn't my style afterall? I don't know... sometimes it's difficult to say why you choose to "bond" with some watches... and not with some others. Nothing bad to say about the MBW experience though. Great watches.

having owned several genuine rolex since 1990 I think I know about the brand, as for stupid comments I suggest you think about your own maybe... smartarse probably... and i can understand the skills needed to create something of quality from possibly inferior components but to then buy genuine parts and fit them to a copy I find the concept hard to grasp, why not buy a genuine watch...?

bye its been interesting

gadget

If you find the concept of buying genuine parts to make our reps look even closer to the originals, then a replica watch site seems a strange place to hang out. Suggest you try Timezone. :p

If you find the concept of buying genuine parts to make our reps look even closer to the originals, then a replica watch site seems a strange place to hang out. Suggest you try Timezone. :p

are you some dumb cluck?

what part of

"and i can understand the skills needed to create something of quality from possibly inferior components but to then buy genuine parts and fit them to a copy I find the concept hard to grasp"

did you not understand?