When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mark XVI

lanikai

Received the Mark XVI today.. stuck it on a HK gator antique chestnut.

the most glaring issue is the crown.. especially when you know it's too long.. :lol:

the Arabic numerals and markers are a bit thin.. but I'll leave the tech reviews to the more knowledgeable members

here are some pics for you ~

markxvi021.jpg

markxvi023.jpg

markxvi019.jpg

They didn't use the stick on tabs for this dial..

markxvi012.jpg

markxvi027.jpg

markxvi025.jpg

markxvi033.jpg

markxvi010.jpg

markxvi011.jpg

Long in the tooth

markxvi007.jpg

markxvi033.jpg

markxvi035.jpg

markxvi038.jpg

Thanks for viewing

AC

Lani

Mine should be arriving shortly. I plan on either converting it into a non-IWC dialed project, or maybe gifting to a friend. Depends on what it looks like when it gets here...

the tech review is your baby Ubi.. your the best qualified to do that :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. I'm sure you can capture the dial texture better than I..

Look forward to reading your review.

shoot,.. I'm wondering if I have another IWC crown that is shorter.. :g:

curious, Lan...does it stick out the same distance as the Ingy?...

i love the Ingy, but the crown always seems to be way out there like this one...but what do i know?!... :g:

No the Ingy is flatter but the wrong size.. looked at all my IWC wondering if Joshua could send a crown .. if I can find a generic one I'd be happy with that..

But speaking of the Ingy.. I really gotta get my Ingy Ti crystal to Chief and get my Lello DW in .. Chiefs ar would make all the difference in that one..

AC/L

Maybe Zig can take some material off the case side of the crown on the watchmaker's lathe and then add the slight taper around the teeth and polish it back up nicely.

I was wondering if such a thing would be possible, it'll make the trip anyway.. so I'll just stick it in the box for now..looks like a beautiful gal with a schnauzer nose.. :lol: .. well,if anyone can do it ... Zm fo sure..

the crystal needs your service no doubt about that one.. really gotta put it away for now..

AC/L

IMHO it looks like the bezel is a bit too large compared to the gen (I think). The case is also too square but the polishing looks nice :)

-MONO

there are multiple flaws.. the gen bezel is beveled, the rep is not.. not much attention to detail on this one.. but that is the nature of reps..

L

A 3717 crown may be a solution! i cant see the picks right now as i am at work but i know this is not a "super rep", version 2 mayby, do we think this is just the old mk xv case being re-used to get rid of what the makers have on stock??

A 3717 crown may be a solution! i cant see the picks right now as i am at work but i know this is not a "super rep", version 2 mayby, do we think this is just the old mk xv case being re-used to get rid of what the makers have on stock??

that is what it appears to be Andy.. although this one was not "heralded" so I'm wondering if the makers will bother with another "V" .. dunno if it has the world wide popularity that we hold for it.

sent for a 3717 crown a couple of days ago.. but I don't know if it will fit the tube is made as one with this case set..

we'll see.

AC/L