When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A teddy arrived today;)

NORing

First of all I want to thank Lani for making this happen :thumbsupsmileyanim: He is a gentleman to first of all, raffle off one of his personal pieces, then for his commitment organizing the raffles time after time. It truly makes the wintermonths more exciting. Of course also a big thanks to Joshua for donating the Milgauss.

Then to the pictures. I am sorry for the bad quality point and shoot camera with bad lighting. I will get around and install the lightbox when the new Pentax K-x arrives from overseas. This was the best I could do in a hurry.I really love the PO that Lani donated to me;) This is truly one of the watches that I've always wanted, but never got around getting. Know it's here, with a Swiss ETA engine and rep rubber. This will probably undergo some heavy modding sometime next year. If I can get it off my wrist for that long. It's actually left the rest of the collection sitting the box since it arrived.

post-4580-125925558594_thumb.jpg

Then, this little teddy arrived today from China:

post-4580-125925576365_thumb.jpgpost-4580-125925577164_thumb.jpgpost-4580-125925577738_thumb.jpg

post-4580-125925578863_thumb.jpgpost-4580-125925579472_thumb.jpgpost-4580-125925580367_thumb.jpg

post-4580-125925584039_thumb.jpg

Some groupies, again sorry for the focus. The idea was good though!

post-4580-125925581304_thumb.jpgpost-4580-125925582476_thumb.jpg

Again thanks to Lani and Joshua,

NORing

Congratulations on two nice prizes. WOW!! That'sa pretty innovative way of getting a watch through customs. Unfortunately, if those guy's aren't asleep when it goes through the Xray machine, they can easily see that the guts are a watch. I worry about customs picking up a package that isn't what it is declared to be and putting both the seller and the buyer on the "Red Flag" list in their computer. It happens, and when it does, everything you get from anywhere outside the USA is inspected.

My wife travels back to Eastern Europe every summer to visit. Two years ago she decided to bring some meat products (Processed Pork) back to the USA.She didn't realize that only items that are canned and sealed are allowed. She got stopped at JFK and the meat was seized. The customs official was very proud of the fact that he had gotten a seizure of countraband. Well long story short, she has come back into the USA twice since then and both times her bags were checked-Thoroughly !! She will probably be on the "Watch" list for a while, until they realize she isn't bringing anything in that's not allowed.

Congrats on your watches.

Arthur

Congratulations on two nice prizes. WOW!! That'sa pretty innovative way of getting a watch through customs. Unfortunately, if those guy's aren't asleep when it goes through the Xray machine, they can easily see that the guts are a watch. I worry about customs picking up a package that isn't what it is declared to be and putting both the seller and the buyer on the "Red Flag" list in their computer. It happens, and when it does, everything you get from anywhere outside the USA is inspected.

My wife travels back to Eastern Europe every summer to visit. Two years ago she decided to bring some meat products (Processed Pork) back to the USA.She didn't realize that only items that are canned and sealed are allowed. She got stopped at JFK and the meat was seized. The customs official was very proud of the fact that he had gotten a seizure of countraband. Well long story short, she has come back into the USA twice since then and both times her bags were checked-Thoroughly !! She will probably be on the "Watch" list for a while, until they realize she isn't bringing anything in that's not allowed.

Congrats on your watches.

Arthur

Thanks Arthur,

You never seen this way of shipping? Well, I've had watches shipped like that for many years. Wouldn't worry to much about being flagged. With customs you always just have to play dumb; "What, was it inside something else?" "What, am I not allowed to bring this bag of white powder across?."

And in Norway there are pretty much no restricions for replica watches ;)

NORing

Big congrats on the 2...wow...great luck. 2 fantastic pieces. Thanks for posting this...and putting back to the community!!

Thanks Toad, It wouldn't cross my mind not to show you all these two. Support your community and the community will support you :)

Ahh.. Nice to see you got everything safely..... you have the best watch karma going NR !!.. and well deserved.. actually all the members deserve it.. but congrats on your luck !!.. the watches look good and the UPO looks better on your wrist than in my drawer.. I gotta get more of the watches that I never wore to members through raffles.. that is a great way to share the support that is RWG..

for us here in Conus.. all's it takes is "1" gungho Agent and you "will" be red flagged as Arthur explained .. usually the rookies.. but I had an experience with one that frequents the genuine sites .. I wanted to ask him how a Fed. employee can afford such high end genuine watches.. but that would not be the way to win him over... :lol:

Congrats again to a great member and ..

Live Strong and Wear them Well !!!!

AC/L

Looking good!

We both got the watches we wanted, me the BCE and you the UPU and as a dessert you got an awesome Rollie!

You really had a streak of good luck!

Nice to see proud fellow raffle winners ;-)

Thanks again Lani(for my BCE;-), RWG and all the dealers that put up prizes!

@Lani

That Customs agent 8) probably has a thriving sideline business selling all the confiscated watches to support his "genuine" habit!! Just like the Habanos that get confiscated, does anyone REALLY believe that they are destroyed? "They are" the Customs agent said. "We take every one of them home and destroy them with fire! Nothing remains after our thorough destructive technique except a pile of ash and a tiny Butt"

Have a great weekend everyone

Arthur